Clear all

Yamaha RGX520DZ guitar any good

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I was around in guitar shops today and found a Yamaha guitar that I am bit interested of.
It´s a Yamaha RGX 520DZ
http://www.yamahamusic.com.au/products/musicalinstruments/guitars/electric/solid/rgx.asp
Does anybody has any experience of this type of Yamaha guitar ?
Is it good or something to avoid ?

Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

(@the-sammy-brew-band)
Eminent Member

Im Not a big fan of yamahs guitars. Im not preticurly sure about this one but i know yamha has some very troublesom guitars.

Words be simple, Words be quick, Words resemble walking sticks, Plant them, They will grow, Watch them waver so, I'll always be a word man better than a bird man, I can fly high but I stay in the same sky, For only I Know whats beyond.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Yamaha has a reputation for making fine musical instruments of all types.
i've owned and played an acoustic yamaha for 30 years and it still plays great. All the reviews i've checked on the mid to upper range electrics have been positive. "Pacificas" are owned by several here and have been reported to be great starter guitars.
the ones i've looked over at MF "AES620" (les paul types) have been underpriced in my opinion and have won editors choice awards with Guitar Player Magazine and Guitar One Magazine.

i do not know about their tremelo equipped models but all of the stop tail types and semi-hollow ones i've seen have been really nice guitars.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Never played a Yamaha electric guitar, but their basses are very well respected at all price points. Tough to imagine them putting out clunker guitars.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I've played a couple of their SA2200 guitars and would say that they are superb guitars, especially for the street price.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I am a bit afraid of the complexity of the floyd rose double locking tremolo, but yamaha seems to have developed the "Finger Clamp" System, which should make restringing a breeze.

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

ReplyQuote