Clear all

Yeah Man Yeah Save Metallica rises again

23 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

*******Edit from Nick - this is an offsite link with an amazing amount of profanity in it. click at your own risk******************

Ok so a couple of months ago there was this petition going around where all metallica fans interested gave their views why metallica should use a new producer for their next album.
I also posted a topic of it here and why I signed it; I thought metallica should get a new producer –to breath new life into the band and just spice things up.

Well my Chinas it's happened check it out
Rick Ruben will produce the next metallica album its official

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=14828

MUHAHAHAHAHHAAAA

KILL KILL KILL KILL all within my hands :twisted: :twisted:

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

(@johnin510)
Trusted Member

There IS a God!!!

About time......

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

There IS a God!!!

About time......

Johnin510 i heard your cover of enter sandman pretty damn good man i can't solo for <> that was very good i thought.

Minus Human

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Yeah I agree. I'm a Metallica fan from way back, and Bob Rock did a horrible job on St. Anger. They should of fired his butt after the first sessions on that record.

:evil:

ReplyQuote
(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

Yeah I agree. I'm a Metallica fan from way back, and Bob Rock did a horrible job on St. Anger. They should of fired his butt after the first sessions on that record.

I liked St.Anger, but it wasn't up to Metallica's standards that's for sure. Is there a release date for their new album?(or speculation if that isn't out)

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member

thats awsome, i signed that way back, Bob did a number on the band, but it might be that they just dont have it anymore, for me at least they have one more shot to prove that they still have it. i only pray that they dont go to the no tone down tuning, they should stay in normal tuning.

ReplyQuote
(@johnin510)
Trusted Member

I liked St.Anger, but it wasn't up to Metallica's standards that's for sure. Is there a release date for their new album?(or speculation if that isn't out)

St. Anger was pointing more in the right direction. They were more pissed off on that album, but how angry can you be when you are a kazillionare ??

Rick Rubin is definately the right choice....hope he can light that fire under there posterior 8) .

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Okay, now a bigger step: Get a petition going to get Lars, James, Kirk and Co. to renounce their alliance with the RIAA.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

"Get a petition going to get Lars, James, Kirk and Co. to renounce their alliance with the RIAA"

????

Someday more musicians may get paid for their work because of the fine work these guys are doing.

Some will be able to make music for a living instead of having to take mundane jobs.

Everybody's always complaining about how there is "no good music" any more. Step one in the remedy of this problem is to provide musicians with the means to feed their families while they work on making the good music.

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Step one in the remedy of this problem is to provide musicians with the means to feed their families while they work on making the good music.

Metal Rule #1: Don't have a family.

ReplyQuote
(@peaveywolfgang5150)
Estimable Member

if you buy an album for 15 dollars only 75 cents goes to the artist

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

"Get a petition going to get Lars, James, Kirk and Co. to renounce their alliance with the RIAA"

????

Someday more musicians may get paid for their work because of the fine work these guys are doing.

Some will be able to make music for a living instead of having to take mundane jobs.

Everybody's always complaining about how there is "no good music" any more. Step one in the remedy of this problem is to provide musicians with the means to feed their families while they work on making the good music.

Got to separate the artist from the works. So music aside, these particular guys have been very hypocritical about rights issues: Early career was "Tape it; enjoy it; pass it on." (sic) Now it's "Share it, and we will sue you." (sic) Don't be fooled by the RIAA rhetoric, they do little for the artist. I hope one day all deserving artists of every type make it financially, and have real adocacy organizations that help them and not mainly their management and record companies. Not one letter of the acronym RIAA stands for the word artist -- literally or virtually.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@phingerboard)
Trusted Member

"if you buy an album for 15 dollars only 75 cents goes to the artist"

How much does the artist get when somebody downloads it through a P2P network or duplicates a friend's copy?

All you folks who snub the RIAA, ASCAP, etc. - I dare you all to take your reasoning to it's logical conclusion and quit your job. Your employer is only paying you a small portion of the fruits of your labor. Discard your own hypocrisy. I dare you. Quit.

If not for the "business", we would have no Sergeant Pepper to listen to; John, Paul, George, and Ringo would have had to get jobs loading boats. Jimmy Page could probably have been a good TV repairman. Led Zeppelin? Yeah, right. In his dreams.

Best Guitar Sites | Guitar Players Lick Better

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Does the RIAA actually affect your livelihood directly? If so, I doubt you'd be defending it -- unless you are a lawyer. I find your vehement defense somewhat incongruous with the fact that you support independent artists (biz or hobby?).

BTW, that $0.75 is revenue, not really profit (a.k.a. take-home pay). With it, the musician is supposed to buy studio time and all the other support required to continue producing music according to the terms of a contract. When my company pays me, it does not turn around and charge me for office space, staff support and lab equipment required to continue doing my job.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I got to be honest i like St Anger and the load and little bit of reload. i got nothing against Bob it's just going to be nice to spice things up a bit. look at the huge success they had after using bob on the black album. A change is good for anyone.

And no doubt metallica still have it they have James Hetfield nough said.

Minus Human

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2