Notifications
Clear all

You are falling into a deep sleep.....

34 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Hey, I used to listen to WLS AM on my little transistor radio when I was a kid growing up in Chicago in the early 70's! 8)

I also remember "Rockin' Robin" by the Jackson 5, and "Afternoon Delight" (don't remeber the group) being played alot as well.

My parents listened to country, and I remeber hearing "Rhinestone Cowboy" alot when I was a kid & hating it! :x Don't mind that song now though. :roll:

Dan

I remember 'Afternoon Delight' being played endlessly (at least twice an hour!) in the summer of '76.
That's when we took a family trip to Michigan and stayed in some musty cottages on a lake somewhere.

Pinball games had some competition in the 'arcades'.... my favorite 'video' game that year was 'Sprint'.
Lots of racing games were first to come out.
They had Sprint in the arcade there in Michigan - Thank goodness :wink:

That was also the first time I got stung by a wasp.
Stepped on it in the wet grass while barefoot.
All I can say is that my son took his first wasp sting much better than I did! :P

'Rhinestone Cowboy' I remember from the trip to Arizona.... 77 or 78....????
We drove.

That song and tons of McCartney & Wings songs (they were an AM staple!)

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Just a little something to take you back...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHYvkjH_QY

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Just a little something to take you back...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaHYvkjH_QY

Wow Roy, that's just cruel! :shock: Now I have to admit that I not only clearly remembered it all, but that I actually enjoyed listening to it again.... The Old Folks Home is beckoning.... :?

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@gasbag)
Eminent Member

During my delivery a Bing Crosby song was playing. I can't remember which one though. Those darn forceps hurt like heck.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

"Give me the beat boys and free my soul. I wanna get lost in your rock 'n' roll and DRIFT AWAY". That is pretty much the first I remember, by Dobie Gray in 73 or 74. I would have been somewhere between 2yrs old and 4.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Had to be Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by Brian Hyland in 1960.

My mom was a Wisconsin bobby soxer in the fifties. In the last of the 50s and early 60s, I remember listening to whatever she had on the AM radio: The Twist, Splish Splash, Mack the Knife ... Peggy Sue. Later on it was Hanky Panky and the like. My dad was country boy from Tennessee. He took my younger brother and me to Millers, his favorite tavern in Fond du Lac, WI. There, he gave us peanuts and orange soda and there we heard more of the same from the juke box, plus Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and Surf songs.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

From the sublime.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzwMLQi-caU

to.....

You feelin' OK, Roy? You want me to send one of the boys round with some Stones CDs?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Had to be Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by Brian Hyland in 1960

Yeah, that was a HUGE hit over here as well. Hey, I didn't think you were that old Greg - you take a good picture, mate!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Mama singing "Down In The Valley," rocking me to sleep in that creaky old rocking chair.

I did the same for my kids. :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

You feelin' OK, Roy? You want me to send one of the boys round with some Stones CDs?

I do get a bit eclectic. :oops:

This is how sheltered we were musically. I might not have ever heard a Rolling Stones song until 1978 (Some Girls album). I've made up for it since. :lol: :lol:

Well, if Wild Horses or Angie made the AM radio in Vermont and New Hampshire, I might have heard them. :?:

gnease, Bobby Darin was awesome. I love that Under The Sea song. He gets into it.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Mama singing "Down In The Valley," rocking me to sleep in that creaky old rocking chair.

I did the same for my kids. :D

Ric, remember this classic moment from the movies? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Ae9gLm2Qo

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Had to give this alot of thought. (Vic, your hypnotism helped 8) )

Ok, here's the scene....My parents had a 1 bedroom apartment that had a total of 3 rooms and and a loo. I'm 3 years old. I was standing in the bedroom next to the record player. Not knowing what the heck I was looking at, I started it and jumped on top of my bed which was conveniently next to my parent's bed and made for some exciting acrobatics. So there I am in a cowboy hat, on top of the bed waiting, not knowing what was about to happen as a result of hitting the switch on that machine. And then I heard Elvis Presley sing those famous words...."You ain't nothin but a hound dog...." I nearly jumped out of my skin. :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Had to give this alot of thought. (Vic, your hypnotism helped )

And then I heard Elvis Presley sing those famous words...."You ain't nothin but a hound dog...." I nearly jumped out of my skin. :lol:

Another successful therapy session for Dr Lewis. The cause of your deep subconscious urge to raise your leg and pee on trees ever since has now been revealed. I'd always heard that his hyno-therapy was worth every penny you spend at his clinic... :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

OK, Phase One succesful - hypnotic implants in place. Onto Phase Two. When you awake, you will send all your money to...PM me for the address.

Sits back in chair and waits for postman to walk up path with wheelbarrow full of sacks of money.....

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Ric, remember this classic moment from the movies? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Ae9gLm2Qo Can't say as I've seen that before, Roy, but that boy can sing!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3