Clear all

Your favorite band to jam along to

17 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

So who do you guys like to jam along to most?

I usually jam along to Red Sparowes to get the ideas flowing. Then once I come up with something I really like I'll turn off the music and let the riff carry me away.

Post a sample or a link to the bands' material so we can get a feel of the music you jam along to.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gM8AjRaHJIs

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

(@nexion)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Had to add another link, they are too amazing!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yUKj9zLYeFo

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

The Sterling Runes

Uh...Stolling Rones.

Soiling Rains

Sailing Winds

Wailing Trains

Heck okay, those four guys not from Liverpool. ;)

This is a good one:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

BB King. He's one of the few people that actually leaves some space for me to play in. :D

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

ufo-- michael shenkers solo's are insane
guns-n-roses-- great riffs
metallica-- everything they do is great 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@vanzant38)
Reputable Member

38 Special
BOSTON
Metallica

Ofcourse there are others but those 3 are tops on my list.

My dad would always talk about retirement, and allude to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. And I say all you've got at the end of the rainbow is death. You're riding the rainbow right now. - Mark Borchardt

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

The Wallflowers

ReplyQuote
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

Guns&Roses
Godsmack
Judas Priest
Black Sabbath

and on a pedestal on their own Metallica,

BTW they've started recording 14 songs for the new album :D :D :D

Can't wait

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

anybody I can play to. :roll:

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Kiss---Journey-Sammy :D

ReplyQuote
(@fretted-fingers)
Trusted Member

Hmm. This sounds like fun.
I'll go ahead and say first off that a lot of the stuff I play along with, and listen to for ideas and the likes comes from none other than classic videogames. Unorthadox as it may be, maybe I'll spark someone elses interests.

A lot of it translates really well to the guitar.
I'm a guitarist, and a gamer. A lot of old games have superb music, and it just doesn't really get any recognition.
There are a lot of reasons why I
I'll try to give some examples of what I mean.
Here's a midi from one of my favorite games, which also has great music.
http://www.midishrine.com/dritidet/sns/Final_Fantasy_6_(US_FF3)/FF6_26_Terra.mid
The link doesn't complete so copying and pasting it in a blank browser window should open the file.

Here is a rendition of the same song, played on the guitar.
http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR00206/ (Make sure if you listen, that you listen to the section between 2:40 to 3:05. You can be creative and write solos to "VGMusic" as well.)
Click the download tab, then one of the mirror links provided.
Files download fast from there, so don't worry about it taking forever.

So, I like to mess around with that kind of stuff and see where I can take it, it's like combining two loves.
Also, even though my main interest is in music from videogames. It's not the only area I'm interested.
Reading through the posts, I haven't seen one group, or artist whos music I don't enjoy listening to.
Anywho. Guess this also works as a heads up, that you may not recognize many of my recordings if you don't play videogames. (If I ever get around to recording anything that is >_<)

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hey Fretted Fingers, I used to learn songs from video games as well, and that Terra song was by far my favorite. It's really beautiful and I think it's the best videogame song ever :)
I used to play FFIII and FFVIII songs, as well as Wild Arms (the intro song kicks butt, you can listen to it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N6RJrn1lHI ), and of course, Zelda.

Now though I exclusively jam to blues and rock. Albert King, BB, Cream, Johnny Lang, you name it.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Status Quo, if I'm in the mood to boogie - any of several greatest hits compilations.
CCR, on the acoustic. I play mostly rhythm anyway, and CCR have plenty of great acoustic-friendly riffs to play along to.
A couple of favourite albums - Travelling Wilburys, the first album, and (since Demo Etc's recommendation last year...) The Stones, Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

When I bought my first guitar, it was Rush.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2