Clear all

Amazing Guitar

31 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
19.6 K Views
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

It definitely gets you back to basics. I do think it has improved my overall speed. My ring and pinky fingers are in their best shape ever.

Using the DVD or VCD feature to go through the exercises everyday is a good motivator. I found the emails good motivators too.

On the con side, there is nothing new here. The video isn't really produced all that well and there isn't really any translation of exercise to playing reality. Although I'm sure the exercises help, it would have been nice to see some, "here now look what you can do".

Was it worth the money? I'll let you know after tomorrow, my last day.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Here's what I got from the author:

Hello Craig,

Here is an outline:

GUITAR PRACTICE
Warm-ups (hand stretches)
11th fret m7 chord stretch
Tapping (all 4 fingers, 1st string, 5th fret)
7th fret 4-pick series downstroke/upstroke
Hammer-on G maj scale (til hurts)
7th fret 3-pick series downstroke/upstroke
Pull-off G maj scale (til hurts)
7th fret 2-pick series downstroke/upstroke
G maj scale 3 pick-strokes
G maj scale 1 pick-strokes
7th fret 1-pick series downstroke/upstroke
G maj scale tapping 3rds 4x on each note
G maj scale alt. picking 3x on each note, up and down
Bar chord tapping
G maj scale tapping (1234/2345/3456, etc.)
G maj scale alt. picking 3x alt. (1234/2345/3456, etc.)
G maj7 arpeggio (1,3,5,7), picking 3x alt.

what can I say? It works. And I guarantee it!

Best,
Andrew
for a $5.00 Discount order directly from here:

http://www.guitar5day.com/3d1.html

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

So I'm done.

You know if you are an intermediate beginner up to beginner intermediate I would say this is a good set of exercises for you.

It really gets you back to basics, increases hand strength for both left and right, and increases speed.

If you are an absolute beginner, I think it will be too frustrating, if you are intermediate/advanced it will be to slow. If you need something to kick start you out of a rut, this may just be the thing for you.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Thanks Nick. Looks like I just spent $30 good dollars. I fall in that range of not quite a beginner, but definately not an intermediate. All the things you listed are things that I definately need more work on. Looking forward to receiving it now. =)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

TF, give us your review when you get through it. I did check online and it really is a $5 discount off regular price. It's $20 so that's not much more than a 1/2 hour guitar lesson. Not bad. Andrew's site is pretty cool.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Sure thing Corbind. I'll post here after I've had a chance to get my hands around it.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

So far it looks like a mixed bag based on how much experience the player has before starting the lesson. But I think $20 is not much to spend even if you learn only one or two new things. I spend $15 for a half hour lesson and often don't learn anything I have not already seen in print. But it's those things you've never seen before that make it all worth the while. I'll be watching this post some more before I get it.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Okay having just finished this myself. I have to go with Nick on his pro's and cons.

I guess I was a bit more advanced than I thought. The video could have been better done, with defined sections, and I would have preferred an auto play/section select feature.

My final take. Save your money. Unless you are just starting or really raw. You could spend the same amount on a good metronome and the April 2004 issue of Guitar World with Steve Vai's 30 hour workout in it and get more bang for your buck with change left over.

I think I'll gift this to a friend of mine that's just getting started. He should get some good use out of it.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Yea, that's what I usually do with tapes, books, or stuff I've gone through. It's like "hand-me-downs" to my buddy who's been playing 8 months less than me.

ReplyQuote
(@anubis)
Eminent Member

Can one of you guys who have the dvd or vcd give us an example of a great exercise that we can find on the tape? I`m curious because 30 bucks means alot in my country so I want something like a preview so I know what I`m spending my money on...So...Can it be done?

Life is ours,we live it our way!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I don't think that's really fair to Andrew.

Read the reviews here carefully and make a decision. He does give a money back guarantee.

ReplyQuote
(@anubis)
Eminent Member

That was kind of a stupid request! My fault! Sorry!

Life is ours,we live it our way!

ReplyQuote
(@junkeroos)

I'm a total beginner and am looking to find a good instructional book/DVD/VCD or even online instruction. I saw this "Amazing" ad and wanted to see what the folks here at guitarnoise.com think of it. Is the intruction geared more towards the electric guitarist? I'd like to be able to play some Beatles and pop songs to strum with.

:cool: Stock Market Simulator contest!
http://www.einvesting.com
Play The Market, Talk Investing, Learn Trading, Win $50!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Junk I'd say it definitely isn't for you as a total beginner.

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Well I took the bait (that site does look like an infomercial). I have it.

The video format = a problem as I read in another post. It doesn't play in my primary DVD player and plays intermittently in my backup player. I got through day 1 before it locked up totally.

These are not lessons (for folks looking for instruction).

These are exercises, exactly what I was looking for. If you do it, it is going to help. Especially the ring finger and pinky. The exercises will give you strength, stretch and independence.

The exercises are given in a good format and gives you a nice daily routine to increase your abilities, abilities we need, a format us folks with no outside intstruction can use much to our benefit.

Advanced players already have these abilities.

So, my final opinion on this........if you need more help in developing your fingers and want a nice daily routine of exercises that will help you out and if you will REALLY do them, it is worth the money IF it plays on your DVD player (or pc). I sent Andrew an e-mail about this format thing, I am hoping he can help me out so I can retrieve the rest of it.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3