Clear all

best instructional series ever

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

troy stetina's books are the bes ever. I thought i could play lead guitar, and then i bought his metal lead guitar vol 1 and it was great. i am only halfway threw and improved a lot. Also, i got speed mechanichs for lead guitar. it is f'in amazing. everyoune should use it. i only got threw the first 5 pages and have been practicing them and have more speed, better technique, more finger independence, and more stringth. and if you really want to shred and show off, the book shows how to play flight of the bumblebee, which is f'in hard. stetinas books are the awesomest books ever!

YEAH! GUITAR ROCK! I ROCK! YOU ROCK! HAHA, YEAH RIGHT. LOL. ROCK ON!

sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the info. I remember back in the late 80's early 90's, I was into instrucitonal videos. They'd cost $49 a pop and some of them were total crap. Bad sound, lousy instruction, not worth the tape they were printed on. But some were very good. Too bad you didn't know until after you bought them.

One video I've got (still) that is very good is Frank Gambale's Chopbuilder. Doesn't really teach very much, but it is kinda like a fitness video that you follow for an hour. I really gained a lot in my picking, scale knowledge and stamina by doing this one for a few months. Every now and then I pull it out and use it for a month or two, kind of like boot camp! Good purchase. 8)

Lousy video purchases, in my opinion and that I can recall as being bad...

Michael Fath (I think it was Hot licks)
Vinnie Vincent

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
(@jeremyd)
Reputable Member

i just got his book on metal rhythem guitar.. i think its great so far! im only on the 12th excersice

ReplyQuote