Clear all

Chord Scale Relantionships - Lead Guitar Secrets

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

OK. A new course from Dan Denley. Soon we will hear the usual ad from Paul ;)
At the beginning I thought 'wow' this is a really cool course, but soon I found out that I have enough material for almost all the topics. However this Chord-Scale Relationship is something that attracts me. The question is : do you know folks some books, online lessons or DVD that cover this 'chord scale relantionship' subject??

Anyway here is Dan Denley's course if anyone is interested ( Today is the course's launch).

http://www.amazingguitarsecrets.com/lgs/

(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

Take a look at Kirk Lorange's "Plane Talk"...it's all about how melody follows chords and how scales relate to the chords, or vise versa.....go to guitarforbeginners.com for more info.

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

HI ldavis ! thanks for the info. I'm a Plane Talker guy too :)) In this case I am interested in chords related to scales (a word that is forbidden to many PLain Talkers :)))

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@santog3)

Well, I don´t know how much information you´re looking for, but a pretty straight forward book on the subject woud be Scale Chord Relationships from Michael Mueller and Jeff Schroedl.

The book covers key recognition, modal harmony, riff and arpeggio harmony, non diatonic, harmonic and melodic minor, symmetrical scales and a lot of other stuff, and it comes with a CD to practice progressions on each subject.

Of course the book it´s just plain information about scales and its strict theoretical relationship with chords. From my experience there´s not such thing as a book that can explain it all... modal stuff it´s the classic example of books not telling you all the things you should know.

ReplyQuote