Clapton review

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

A friend of mine who lives in Ohio sent me this review of Eric Clapton's performance this last weekend.
Clapton Review

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

its interesting...when i saw eric clapton lat elast year both my dad and i were unimpressed with teh gig, just shredding with no particular musical focus, he hardly sang and the show ran for 80 mins with no interlude and no encore...

also...doyle bramhall was acting like a right prat, but interestingly he plays a right handed guitar turned upside down but the low E was still at the bottom, he didnt restring it like hendrix used to! so he was playing with the strings upside down! :shock:

i think this review is spot on when it says 'While pleasing himself seemed to be his top priority' as there was no talking to the audience or encouraging audience participation at all etc

what i came out of it with though was a massive amount of respect for Derek Trucks!! teh slide lead guitarist! he was on par with clapton almost!! amazing player and seemed to be really havnig fun, doyle barely did a solo, it was all between derek and eric at my show. and thats what i liked the best!

all in all i would NOT pay $160 a ticket again for it, or prob see clapton again, but i would go and see derek trucks without hesitation!

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

oh and i wish Robert Randolph wouldve opened for us! that guys great! :D

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Derek Trucks rules!!!! Got it in his blood. Must mean ABB isn't touring this year?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I heard a review on the radio abou the show in CT. Robert Randolph didn't get a very good review. Clapton did although the comments were that the guitar player he had playing with him sounded as good or better than Eric and he was keeping Eric on his game so to speak. I think the guys name was Daryl Brambul or something. I know I've heard his name before.

Didn't see the show myself.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@billyboy)
Estimable Member

Saw Clapton in Sacramento about two (three?) years ago. Was one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Great sound, he was chatty and goofing around a little. What impressed me the most was the dynamics - usually you get the constant Wall-o-Sound in an arena. Was very lite at times, heavy at the perfect moments.

"In my dreams your blowin' me... some kisses" - Lets Duet - Dewford Randolph Cox

ReplyQuote