12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
17 K Views
(@rcsnydley1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi all,
Has anyone tried any of Dan Denley's courses, i.e. amazing lead guitar, amazing acoustic guitar, his new chords course, etc.
I have seen the free vids and they look pretty good, but I am new to this type of instruction. I certainly do not want to spend the money on something that is just hype or a way for someone to make a buck.
Thanks for the input.

I originally put this in the wrong topic, so I moved it here.

Ric

"I've got blisters on my fingers." - Ringo Starr

(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

HI
I bought his first course (Amazing Guitar Secrets) a couple of years ago thanks to some advertising from Paul here :))
It clarified many doubts I agree and I admit he's a good teacher and quite charismatic. My personal criticism is that he covers too many subjects without developing them , for instance the modes: he explains the fingering of the modes and that's all ! (you have to figure out when to use them in a musical context ) . In this particular case this course gave me a good overview on how to learn the guitar (he teaches scales, basic chords, technique such as hammer on,pull-offs,some reading , etc), but for its price (all these courses are really pricey) I think you should really invest in books or DVD's that cover specific skills: for instance do you want to learn about the blues? forget about the US$100+ expensive course and get 'Blues You Can Use'. Want to practice lead? Check out Troy Stetina's books.Want to learn Chords and reading stuff? Mel Bay or William Leavitt. and of course you should read the tons of valuable info in Guitarnouse' lessons and in the Theory forum.
Finally something that I didn't like about Dan's course is that, as a bonus gift, he promised a full VIP coaching for his students when you purchase the courses...but in my case I only received spare massive emails and when I had a question or doubt he never replied to me.

Check out this forum and you will have good info about all the aspects you want to improve. You will see that Dan Denley's courses are rarely mentioned.

Just my two cent
Roberto

ReplyQuote
(@rcsnydley1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Rgalvez. I will check these books out as they sound much more economical.

Ric

ReplyQuote
(@rcsnydley1)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone else have any resources for learning blues or scales or theory, other than programs like Amazing Guitar Secrets?
Good books or perhaps other websites, though I doubt they could match GN.

Thanks!

Ric

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

Does anyone else have any resources for learning blues or scales or theory, other than programs like Amazing Guitar Secrets?
Good books or perhaps other websites, though I doubt they could match GN.

Thanks!

Hi. It's me again. My advice is that you create another subject, maybe in the Beginners Q&A department, rather than this one, and you ask the people here about what you want. They will surely reply to you and give you good tips. Here under the 'Dan Denley' subject it is quite difficult that people would give more input, since this is a 'review' department.

all the best

ReplyQuote
(@bunndogg)

if you have never played fine. Like the other guy says, he is charismatic. I am getting a refund since there was no printed material he keeps referring to and the theory is not all their. I call the support line and his number says No phone support. The web site sends you in circles so beware. Its a good Sales Pitch but I refuse it on my credit card. Its the only way since he dodges all the avenues he promotes for money back guarantee.

moderator edit: please review terms of use

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Try the Rosetta Stone of Guitar.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I know it's an old thread, but I just watched the video on Dan Denley's site and it is crazy bad. Front focus, side focus, color, black and white....really? I thought I was having a seizure.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-denley)

Hey guys, it's Dan Denley from Amazing Guitar Secrets.

Our new site is GuitarZoom.com

Truth is, we've had some probs with getting good customer support people. And I'm sorry if you had a bad experience.

We've completely updated our support software and hired three full time employees to handle all customer service issues.

If you need help, have questions or were in any way dissatisfied with one of my course, please contact use at http://www.guitarzoom.com/support

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@sixstringmadness)
Eminent Member

To be honest, Dan has some good programs out there. His new one with instructor Steve Stine called 96 Rock Licks is really good. Here is my review of it- http://www.thebestguitarlessonsonline.com/2012/03/15/96-rock-licks/

Check out my guitar blog at http://www.sixstringmadness.com

ReplyQuote
(@sixstringmadness)
Eminent Member

I got an email saying there was a new post to this topic but I'm not seeing it. Strange...

I'll reiterate though that Dan and the crew at GuitarZoom have some really good courses. As I mentioned in my last post,96 Rock Licks with Steve Stine was awesome and they just put out a follow up to it called SoloFire. Steve Stine is the instructor in that one as well. Texas Blues Guitar is another great course from GuitarZoom.

I have links on my site if you are interested in previews, free tab and reviews

96 Rock Licks- http://www.sixstringmadness.com/96-rock-licks-review-part-1-of-2

SoloFire - http://www.sixstringmadness.com/solofire-course-details

Check out my guitar blog at http://www.sixstringmadness.com

ReplyQuote
(@caliban4)
Eminent Member

I tried Solo Fire. I like Steve Stine - seems like a cool teacher and has an easy way of explaining stuff. However, the actual course content was misleading. This course has little to do with improv work. It has a series of technical exercises and that's pretty much it. I did voice some constructive criticism with Steve and he did respond after a while and Dan did offer a partial credit to compensate but I declined. I figured they put out a course which I did have the benefit of going through and the production was well made though the content just did not meet my expectation and was a bit misrepresented. Long and short of all this - be careful with all the hype and marketing...and read the counter reviews before you read the canned positive ones.

ReplyQuote