Guitar Control DVDs, anyone seen them?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@fredramsey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

http://www.guitarcontrol.com/

Sounds interesting. Has anyone seen any of these?

Thanks!

Learning requires a willingness to be bad at something for awhile.

(@guitarjimi)

Fred,

I, too, am interested in Claude Johnson's course; however, I cannot find any unbiased reviews out there.

Have you gotten any feedback from anybody?

Also, have you seen Claude Johnson's "Virtuoso" course?

Let me know.

Thanks,
Jim

ReplyQuote
(@gtrplr)

Save your money on this one. Claude Johnson should not attempt to TEACH guitar. He may be able to play, but his teaching
is as bad as it gets. I've reviewed 3 of his programs and found that there is nothing worth while and too much BS.

ReplyQuote
(@kojo27)

:evil: I realize this is a slightly late reply, but I have to say *something* about this charlatan: in my opinion, Claude Johnson is a pure SCAMMER. Whoever writes his advertising copy is very, very good, and could sell dead rats, I truly believe. Here's one promise the copywriter/charlatan writes in trying to sell the "smokin' blues" DVD:

"Watch your playing come alive as you combine Dom7 arpeggios with cool legato licks... (at 29:15)"

• Ok, so we expect now that, when we buy this wonderful piece of guitar instruction, we'll be treated to an in-depth look at how to play dominant 7th arpeggios, combined with legato playing...somehow.
  • Oh! But nowhere in the "smokin' blues" course does Claude even *mention* dominant 7th arpeggios, played with legato licks. He doesn't even say the word "legato." I doubt he knows what the word means. He strikes me as an average-good lick player, with no scruples about taking people's money in exchange for what he MUST know is terribly inferior instructional material. One could buy a good Mel Bay book about blues riffs, and maybe one about acoustic blues -- both with CDs of the examples -- and one would have FAR more good, usable, coherently and efficiently-presented material than this garbage that Mr. Johnson charges $149 for.

And it's no accident, I suspect, that you can't contact "Claude" -- despite all the emails he'll send you (every single day, if you'll let him) ... and furthermore, I doubt that the gap-toothed guitar "guru" is even named "Claude Johnson." It's probably a DBA.

This is the worst guitar-player rip-off on the entire Internet; beware, save your money, you won't learn ANYTHING from this stuff, except a good lesson in "if it sounds too good to be true..." You know the rest.

Yes, I'm sending it all back.

Kojo

ReplyQuote
    (@fredramsey)
    Estimable Member
    Topic starter  

Woo, lordy!

Thanks so much for the heads up! Good thing I couldn't afford his materials right now anyway!

:lol:

Learning requires a willingness to be bad at something for awhile.

ReplyQuote