Skip to content
Guitar World's Guit...

Notifications
Clear all

Guitar World's Guitar DVD's with Andy Aledort (instructor)

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I was checking the imports section in my favorite bookstore in Lima, and then I saw two DVD's from Guitar World magazine with hyperbolic pure marketing phrases like : Soar like U2!! Solo like Slash!!! Wail like Clapton!! Rock like AC/DC!! or Play like a Rock God in No Time!!...of course with this naive marketing I thought not give them enough attention...but I got a bit curious about the blues one 'How to play Blues & Blues Rock' and I bought it...when I got home I opened the envelope and played the DVD and I met this guy Andy Aledort....when I read that he was the official transcriptor of Hendrix tablatures and he has played with Buddy Guy and a large etc,then I knew it was not a cheap marketing product...and happily it proved it was the real deal: I was delighted with the Blues DVD!! this guy explained the basics, the soloings of BB,Albert King,SRV with skill ! I loved the DVD... one week later I bought the other DVD .'Play Rock Guitar' and this one really knocked me!: it is a 3 hours DVD and it only cost me US$15 in Lima..(it costs $9.99 in USA)...geez in this one Aledort demosntrates the riffs,scales,and solos in almost all rock styles (classic rock,heavy,punk!) from beginner to advanced....I'm writing this cause for this money there are lots of information ,and this guy is a really good instructor and excellent guitarist. Check out your bookstores and stands and if you find these DVD's don't doubt about them and buy them without reserves! ( I think they are not sold in Guitar World site) if you think they are too basic for you,then pass them to another pal..they will thank you!
Anyway I'm attaching Guitar World site so you can recognize the cover of the DVD.
Good luck in the search!
http://www.guitarworld.com/instructional.html

(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

By the way I found the BLues DVD cover in ebay..let's hope it's still in the stands.
Cheers!

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Andy has his own band/website/album also, Andy Aledort and the Groove Kings.

I have seen the band play a couple of times here on Long Island. Very awesome.

Check out their album titled...."Put a Sock in it"

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member

Are these the DVDs sold at supermarkets and newstands? I tried the Acoustic Rock one as instruction it seems to rushed to me. It is like getting the flavor of this, a sample of that. At the end we get a short section saying Dave Matthews tends to use chords like so and John Mayer's style is like this.

For a half to a third of the cost of a Homespun tape it depends on you to take the concepts and use them rather then teaching a song using the concepts taught.

The question is the price too much for an impulse buy? I guess not, every quarter a new DVD seems to hit the magazine racks.

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Are these the DVDs sold at supermarkets and newstands? I tried the Acoustic Rock one as instruction it seems to rushed to me.

Guitar World is selling all these DVD's online. Check out the following link

http://secure.nps1.net/guitarworld/

Good luck!

ReplyQuote