Plane Talk Method and Slide DVD

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 J123
(@j123)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone actually own this? I've read a ton of reviews but find it a little suprising that with how many are claimed to have been sold, there isn't a listing on ebay either presently or historically. You'd think someone would sell an expensive book once they have read it if there really are that many users.

Same with the slide DVD?

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Until recently, the book was mainly distributed in PDF format and I'd bet many people have that version as it was far less expensive than the printed book. That may be why you don't see it on ebay. Then the related DVD was introduced, and I think he stopped selling the book by itself - a smart move, in my opinion.

Anyway, there are a dozen or so members of this forum who have used it.
http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=27812&highlight=planetalk

Not sure about the slide DVD, which is fairly new. Kirk is a master at slide though.

If you haven't seen moderator Nick's reviews, you can find them here:
PT: PT DVD: Slide DVD: https://www.guitarnoise.com/reviews/kirk-lorange/

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@ldavis04)
Reputable Member

Does anyone actually own this? I've read a ton of reviews but find it a little suprising that with how many are claimed to have been sold, there isn't a listing on ebay either presently or historically. You'd think someone would sell an expensive book once they have read it if there really are that many users.

Same with the slide DVD?

I own it...

It's worth the money, trust me. Once you get your hands around this method, the whole fretboard just opens up for you.

I may grow old, but I'll never grow up.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

I read Nick's review and ordered it (book and DVD set)--waiting for it to be delivered any day now, in fact.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I really think you'll like it. Just start slowly with a piece at a time. There is so much information in there it can be a bit overwhelming.

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

I agree...this is a really good method, and this guy Kirk gives you really good feedback in his forum.

ReplyQuote