Notifications
Clear all

Rush in Cincinnati

19 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@billyboy)
Estimable Member

Sorry to hijack this thread, but its readers are most likely interested in this little news:

Rush (no, not him) to perform on ‘Colbert'

First time on US Television since 1975. Kinda a big deal. My DVR is set.

Here it is :D How friggan cool was that.

Edit: Youtube pulled the video. Here's the full episode, check out the opening theme song :)

http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/full-episodes/index.jhtml?episodeId=175837

"In my dreams your blowin' me... some kisses" - Lets Duet - Dewford Randolph Cox

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

That was fun! I wasn't expecting so much of the show to revolve around them, but "Jimmy" got it done. :wink:

Maybe the "Colbert bump" will move them beyond cult status! :lol:

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@big-lar)
Estimable Member

They are my kind of kool-aid. I don't sip, I gulp.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Great show in DC last night; only problem was the HEAT inside the amphitheater. Hot hot hot!

Sound was excellent - we were one row in front of the FOH mixer, slightly to Alex's side. Decent view, too.

Band was in great form. Geddy hit the high notes every time - really amazing.
Alex has a Floyd Rose trem on his main Les Paul. Looked strange. I liked the sound of his ES-335 better. 8)

I thought this was a better performance than on the R30 tour. Playing was tighter, and the set was better paced. Maybe it's because the S&A songs hold up so well against their older stuff.

Met some folks who have seen nine shows on this leg of the tour. :shock: Yes, it's a cult!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2