Clear all

Suggestions for jammin material

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@click26)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi, I have got to the point now where I want to start jammin along to a cd with backing tracks. Ive tryied searching the net for troy stetinas metal lead guitar jams but cant find it. Does anyone know of any good backing tracks that I could play on a dvd player?

Would be good to have tracks in all different keys and also different styles. I like metal, but blues is also good.

Any suggestions of books/cds?

thanks

(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

If you Google "free guitar jam tracks" you will get lots of site with free tracks to jam to. Download them to your PC, which I like better than a DVD or CD. But, you can always burn the MP3 files to a CD, if you want. Cost = $0

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

Another option for the creating your own is to use something like GarageBand (only on the Mac but there are Windows products that do some of the same things) to easily build up a bass and drum backing track. This can then be burned to CD or what I do is send it out to my JamMan (looper pedal). I can then practice rhythm parts over top of that. I can use the looper pedal to record one of my rhythms guitar parts over that drum and bass track and save that to another location in the looper pedal and use it for practicing solos. I can create all kinds of variations - 12 bar, 8 bar, 16 bar, quick change, turnarounds, and different keys pretty easily.

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote