122 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
61.9 K Views
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi Sheen and Jstutz,

Welcome aboard, have a browse around and stay a while. We've got plenty of good stuff here.

thanks for letting people know your opinion of the RSoG.

ReplyQuote
(@warriorccc0)

He was my computer teacher for the last three years in middle school, although now I'm a freshmen in highschool.

Good job, Mr. Pool.

ReplyQuote
(@harm693)

Finally, some people are beginning to discover, The Rosetta Stone of Guitar.

I've been taking lesson from Fred Pool the author of 'The Rosetta Stone of Guitar' for close to 3 years.. Learning his method of chords (RSoG, Family of chords) in relation to soloing (RSoG, Triple block, Head set, Bridge set) is unbelieveable. But it also takes you into music theory big time, the modes etc. Very nice.

I would call it fantastic foundation material, but you can go as deep as you would like. Lets face it it takes some work it doesn't just happen, as is the cases with all music, but the results are fantastic.

This is the best system for guitar theory, solo playing, chords and a whole lot more. It is easy to learn and to remember. Especially the concept of chords and how they relate to lead guitar and music theory. You learn the Family chords you learn Solo patterns with ease and clarity. Mama, ybro, obro, ysis, osis, Papa, aboy, this is the family of chords, that pattern never changes its awesome. Then how it relates to soloing (3 Triple blocks, 2 head sets, 2 bridge sets) unbelievable. The pattern never changes no matter where you start in the pattern it stays the same. Wow! so cool.

You can solo over chords with in days, it is so easy it's hard to believe. When I began to catch on to The Rosetta Stone of Guitar way of handling chords and soloing I was amazed. I still go, Wow! because I keep learning new things.

The best thing to do is to buy the book or CD. I think it will be on CD or DVD soon if not already.I first heard about it from a friend who loaned me the book. Then I bought my own and the journey began. Get the Book or CD then you can see the big picture. (You will love it)

The Rosetta Stone of Guitar, will take you place you may not have know about and as far as you want to go.

In fact I'm sitting here as I'm writing this little encourager. I have my Digitech JamMan. I've played some chord on it and I'm sitting here just playing different solos over my chords. Using just what I've learned from The Rosetta Stone of Guitar.

Fred take things that other guitar teachers seemed to hide from you and puts them out into the open.I'm sad in one way if people get a hold of this Fred will become famous and I won't be able to afford his personal lessons. I've started 4 friends on the basics of RSoG and they are doing things on the guitar they never dreamed they could do and know. Hey, this Saturday 29th I'm going to a personal, Rosetta Stone of Guitar, lesson today can't wait.

I highly recommend it.

Oh, by the way I don't know if I should say this but I'm 60 years old.

Flo

ReplyQuote
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member

Hi, all, Kirk here, author of PlaneTalk. I'm here because I also got the email as I bought Rosetta Stone a long time ago. Just wanted to say that PlaneTalk is nothing whatsoever like RSoG -- it's more like the opposite. PT focuses on 'seeing' the moment of any given tune using a very simple landmark. It has everything to do with melody and nothing to do with scales or modes.

Just thought I'd add that to the thread as I saw someone asking about it.

Cheers,

Kirk

Kirk

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Kirk,

My apologies if I was unclear. I stand by my reviews of your excellent products. You are right, they are different. They are similar in my mind in that Planetalk is also an excellent tool, method, book, site, way of seeing things and an incredible value. I love Planetalk. In combination with RSoG I think I have found my own personal solution to the fretboard. I hope in my earlier comment no one saw me saying anything else. They are just different. So I made a stupid comparison when I compared prices. Apples and oranges....

Check out my review of Kirk's Planetalk and various DVDs. They are high quality and chock full of information and also highly recommended.

Planetalk and the excellent Dropped D DVD

https://www.guitarnoise.com/reviews/kirk-lorange/

All of Kirk's stuff is of the highest quality and worth every penny. Kirk's stuff is also guaranteed not to disappoint.

I owe Kirk a big debt of gratitude. He is the one who opened my eyes to the fretboard outside of the first five frets.

I use both methods now and they work seamlessly together.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Okay, I figured what the heck and purchased the DVD/book. I figured, for $30, if I learned anything it would be worth the cash. I got the DVD today in the mail, which was pretty fast - way to go Fred.

I cruised around the offerings on the DVD, and I am confused. There are videos, audio, quizzes, a pdf book, tons of Flash files, etc. I don't know how you are supposed to work through this material. Should I read a digest the pdf book first? When am I supposed to take the quizzes? In what order do I watch the DVD files? Am I missing a "course guide" somewhere on the DVD?

I am guessing I need to read & learn the pdf book first, right?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I think I mentioned this in the review, print the book and work along with the video as a companion. You don't need to learn the book first, read, watch, play, repeat.

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Nick -

As you can see from my last post (about 3 hours ago), I was wondering how to best use the materials and how all this worked. I was a little leary after browsing through the pages of the book - it seemed really confusing at first look. Since then, I read pdf pages 4-10 and had my guitar handy to work on the examples. I spent the last 3 hours going through these pages and applying them to my fretboard. All I can say is "wow!"

By no means have I completely memorized the "spiral mapping" and "jumping" revealed in these pages, but I understand what it means and how it is applied. It really is simple once you understand the way this system approaches the fretboard. It really is like actually "seeing" the fretboard for the first time! I can see how it is possible to solo all over the fretboard, jumping here and there and always being in key. I will probably have to practice it for a few weeks until I have it memorized to the point that it is second nature. But what an investment of time - in a few weeks I can picture myself moving freely all over the fretboard without much thought - remaining in key!

And, there is more in the book that I haven't even gotten to yet! This is the first time I worked with the material and it was already well worth the $30 paid for the course! For the price of one in-person lesson, I got a big "aha, so that's how it works" moment.

Thanks for recommending the course! Everyone out there - for $30, just buy it. It so cheap for what you get.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

woo-hooo! Good for you. I was afraid it sounded too good to be true and no one would believe me.

You are right, when you start reading and Fred is explaining the mechanics of RSoG it is confusing. Once you turn the page and start playing it, It is just like that, a-ha....wow....omg....You sit down, look at the book, play what's on those six pages and you go "No....it can't be...." and you smile a big cheesy smile and keep right on playing.

Take some time with the first part before you move on to the rest. You need to be comfortable with what you've worked on.

AND
I told you so. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

woo-hooo! Good for you. I was afraid it sounded too good to be true and no one would believe me.

It did seem a little "too good to be true." Kind of like those, learn 120 chords in an hour deals. But, this isn't like that. I see there is a good deal of work to be done to master this stuff, but the concepts are SIMPLE.

You are right, when you start reading and Fred is explaining the mechanics of RSoG it is confusing. Once you turn the page and start playing it, It is just like that, a-ha....wow....omg....You sit down, look at the book, play what's on those six pages and you go "No....it can't be...." and you smile a big cheesy smile and keep right on playing.

I still have that cheesy smile this morning. Can't wait to shoo the kids outside, so I can work on this some more.

Take some time with the first part before you move on to the rest. You need to be comfortable with what you've worked on.

I am planning to take a few weeks before I move on from the first 6 pages. I can see that mastering it is important. :idea:

AND
I told you so. :lol:

Nick, No body likes an I told you so! :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@easto)

I have both the DVD and the Book.

Fred's system really worked for me. I've been playing and noodling around for longer than I'd like to think. I'm always looking for something to help my understanding of guitar. Some things have worked and some things haven't. The RSoG really did help. Sure it's not for everyone. That's because everyone learns differently. Maybe it will be a revelation like it was for me, maybe not much help at all. But for the price and the potential it offers I think most guitarist would be better off if they had it than not. You'll also find immediate help on the site's forum.

This system gave me a whole new way to view the fretboard. It has helped me more than almost anything else.

I'm am not affiliated with RSoG at all. Just a VERY HAPPY customer.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi Easto, and welcome.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Sounds like something I might have to look into.

But I do find it funny though that so many new posters somehow decided to post responses on this particular topic..Coincidence?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Sounds like something I might have to look into.

But I do find it funny though that so many new posters somehow decided to post responses on this particular topic..Coincidence?

Nope, not a coincidence. I know why there are so many first time posters. I got a mass email from the author the other day. I guess since I bought the course, I am now on his email list. Anyway, the author's email asked that people who liked his course log on to our board and post their thoughts. It didn't ask for phony reviews, just honest ones if they liked the course. So, I think the people and their reviews are "real," its just that they were encouraged to come here.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I knew something was a bit odd, but seeing that you and Nick both posted positive remarks I feel much better about it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 9