Clear all

30 Seconds To Mars

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

has anyone else got hooked on jareds voice? its very cool, the controlled scream sounds so good, many bands before have done it i know, and iv always loved the sound. from what i can tell i think he goes as high as he can before falsetto (which is DAMN high!) and then rather than falsetto he pushes a bit more air through and it just distorts the vocals beautifully. cant do his voice any good but sells millions of units so who complains?! :D

(if you havent heard 30stm i suggest you find 'The Kill' and 'From Yesterday' (the two singles so far off the album 'a beautiful lie')

(@beaner)
Estimable Member

It's funny you should post this. I've had "A Beautiful Lie" for some time, which I got just for the kill. I never really got a good chance to listen to it, and it has just been lying around. This week I loaded it into the car and have listened to it about 10 times straight, the whole album. It's just brilliant, everything about it. I can't get the songs out of my head. I have obtained a copy of the first album, and it's pretty good too.

As for his singing, I like it, but you surely couldn't do it everynight whilst touring, it would kill your throat. I'm not convinced that the vocal characteristic you are talking about isn't produced afterwards, with some sort of effect.

Have you seen the acoustic version of "The Kill" on YouTube?

Regards,
Paul

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

yes i have, and iv noticed that in every one he sings the songs the easy way, without going real high. that would be such a dissapointment at a gig because it really is the vocals that make these songs special. im pretty sure its not an effect with his voice. i have seen live performances and known people who can do this without effects, but it would kill you to do it night after night. maybe thats what 'the kill' is all about...? :P

ReplyQuote