Notifications
Clear all

Can everyone sing?

14 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@othellomt)
Topic starter  

Just out of curiosity, would you say just about anyone can sing, given the proper training?

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I would say that every one can sing with proper training, desire, practice... but I would also say that there will be those that can always sing better than others no matter how much training.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

IMO If you can talk then technically you can sing.Its just a question of making the right noises at the right time.Thats the hard part! People who say they can't sing just don't recognise when they are not singing in tune and are usually said to be tone deaf.
With training anyone can learn to sing it just comes easier and quicker to some people.

cheers

Bob.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

People who say they can't sing just don't recognise when they are not singing in tune and are usually said to be tone deaf.
I wouldn't limit that to just people who know they can't sing... not in a million years :wink:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

lol

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

People who say they can't sing just don't recognise when they are not singing in tune and are usually said to be tone deaf.

I am fully aware of when I'm not singing in tune, which is pretty much all the time. :oops: I simply have no ability to get my voice to do what it should.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@the-sammy-brew-band)
Eminent Member

everyone can sing(whether or not its good or bad). And if your talking about singing and sounding great...i dont really think hers anything stopping sep for health. You might not sound like robert plant, but u may sound like another musician. ther is techneques to change voice but its always better to sing at voice levle u will sound off pitch most of the time trying to sound as another singer.

Words be simple, Words be quick, Words resemble walking sticks, Plant them, They will grow, Watch them waver so, I'll always be a word man better than a bird man, I can fly high but I stay in the same sky, For only I Know whats beyond.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Bob Dylan can't sing yet he can. A more to-the-point question would be: do you have anything to say? Usually people sound atleast okayish when they mean what they say.

ReplyQuote
(@backdoor_man)

i think everyone can sing unless you are a mute! :shock:
but everyone has a diferent voice and i guess that there are some
things that ya can sing and some that you cant...
but if you train you could get closer to the voice you want thats for sure

peace :D

I just wanna get my kicks before this all shithouse goes up in flames, allright?

ReplyQuote
(@vocalsource)

I think the definition of singing is so broad that everyone can use what they have got as a starting point to developing their voice. The only criteria is that you can sing in tune, and that can be learnt. I taught a lady to sing who couldn't sing a single note to begin with, but in the end she could sing OK....

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Anyone who doesn't have structural or neural deficiencies can sing on key with proper inflection given enough training and work.

But not every voice is going to be pleasant for an audience to hear.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@hummerlein)
Estimable Member

i think the main thing
is getting over the inhibitive part
of the mind that tries to hide you up

because why would you want
other people to know
who you really are?

but if you don't care
it is much easier to feel what you mean

real singing is with honesty and integrity
there is no room for self doubt
it is 100% or nothing

then we get our bob dylans
and they still rock
because of honesty

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Anyone can learn to sing...but that doesn't mean that they will sing well

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

I agree with Kingpatzer; anyone can learn to sing in tune, but there are people who's voices, even when singing in tune, are just not desireable to listen to (that's my case alright!)

Then again, its down to the individual I suppose; a lot of the music I listen to, most of my mates cant stand, and its usually the vocals that are the reason behind that.

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote