Skip to content
Can someone help me...

Notifications
Clear all

Can someone help me with my singing voice?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 rg37
(@rg37)
Topic starter  

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rg37/ Theres a recording on there called "Better Today" Its a song me and my band play and Im the lead singer of the band ((ignore the other track on there, that one was just a joke)), but yeah, if someone could tell me anyway I could improve my voice and my singing, that would be great. Im just not happy with what Im hearing, and Ive been trying very hard to improve ((I used to be even worse than this)), but yeah, if anyone has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

(@morethanguitar)

Relax! Seriously, feel your throat when you sing; I bet it's tight as hell.

First, try warming up a little lower and gradually work your way up to the notes in your recording.

Second, stick out your tongue (might wait till you're alone to try this part) and blow air out causing your lips to vibrate (called a raspberry or Bronx Cheer in some circles, a term of derision I'm lead to believe) Difficult? That's because your tongue and throat are seizing up when you go for those high notes. Once you can hold that lip/tongue buzz for more than a few seconds, try to hum a few bars of your song behind it. After you accomplish that, put your hand back on your throat and whisper a few bars with lyrics. Feel the muscles tighten? Back to buzzing. Relaxed? Try some more tone but keep watching for tension in your throat.

Damn, email voice lessons are hard work!

ReplyQuote