could i be a singerrr? help? advice.. thoughts.. comments

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@hanbbae)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i dont think i have a very good voice at all.. here is a 15 sec clip :/
our band is out a vocalist.. and they have put pressure on me to take place.. cept i have never sung before.. so it was new to me.. not to mention that the camera makes me nervious :o
any constructive citicism would be appreciated..
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i54/hanbbae/?action=view&current=scars.flv

(@daven)
Estimable Member

My amateur opinion, almost anyone can sing. (except my wife, she has no sense of key and interval :). So yes you probably can sing but you will need to practice, practice, practice, and nervous is normal. I've never done anything speaking, singing, presentation, in front of people where I wasn't nervous. Take a few lessons to help you get started and practice! :D

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Pretty much anybody can be a singer. The question you should ask is do you want to be a singer? I can't access your clip from the computer I'm on, so I can't give my opinion of your voice. But that's not important. What do your band mates think of your voice? Most people don't like their own voice. I don't have a real high opinion of my own voice, but I sing all the time. I do it because I love to. So ask yourself that question, do you want to be the singer? Something to think about. When the group Cream formed Eric Clapton didn't want to sing so Jack Bruce did most of the vocals. Clapton didn't think much of his own voice but did some singing over time and turned out to be a OK singer.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@hanbbae)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Very good insights.. thank you guuysss :D
ok.. well i cant get lessons. I never even got a guitar lesson. I just figured it out myself and i realized singing is a lot harder to learn without lesson.. so maybe ill ask for pointers as i progress :/
I dont mind being the singer. for now atleast.. im only 16 we arent gonna be playing anywehre much except together.. hahaa
you are totally right when you said that i dont like my own voice.. haha whenever i listen to myself i cringe :o

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

There are free online lessons for singing, just google them up. If you have access to a piano or key board, I suggest you learn solfege and practice it often. And sing all the time anywhere you can. I sing in the car, at home , at work. Seek out people that sing well, that you can sing with. There's nothing like jammin with others to improve your guitar playing. The same goes for your voice. Singing in the church choir vastly improved my singing. If you have one think about joining the school chorus.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@ishikasaxena)
Eminent Member

Hey guyz...this is ishika.... new to this forum....i am passionate about singing and thought i would get lot of advice from my friends...so here I am.... :D

I try and sing lot of bollywood songs and would like to make my carrier in singing...can any one advice me on how to start my carrier in singing.... 8)

Cheers,

Ishika Saxena

ReplyQuote
(@ishikasaxena)
Eminent Member

There are free online lessons for singing, just google them up. If you have access to a piano or key board, I suggest you learn solfege and practice it often. And sing all the time anywhere you can. I sing in the car, at home , at work. Seek out people that sing well, that you can sing with. There's nothing like jammin with others to improve your guitar playing. The same goes for your voice. Singing in the church choir vastly improved my singing. If you have one think about joining the school chorus.

Hey Tim... thanks for your suggestion ..that was awesome..... will definitely try this things and will post you .. ..... :)

Hope one day I will send you my singing video as well...

Cheers,

Ishika Saxena

ReplyQuote
(@ishikasaxena)
Eminent Member

Very good insights.. thank you guuysss :D
ok.. well i cant get lessons. I never even got a guitar lesson. I just figured it out myself and i realized singing is a lot harder to learn without lesson.. so maybe ill ask for pointers as i progress :/
I dont mind being the singer. for now atleast.. im only 16 we arent gonna be playing anywehre much except together.. hahaa
you are totally right when you said that i dont like my own voice.. haha whenever i listen to myself i cringe :o

hey thats so sweet... well ya i think you are very young but i think you should start singing some songs may be just for fun...... you know what when you start singing in very young age ... you can learn and can sing in high pitch... so lets see may be one day we make our album... lol ... take care dear

Cheers,

Ishika Saxena

ReplyQuote
(@ishikasaxena)
Eminent Member

My amateur opinion, almost anyone can sing. (except my wife, she has no sense of key and interval :). So yes you probably can sing but you will need to practice, practice, practice, and nervous is normal. I've never done anything speaking, singing, presentation, in front of people where I wasn't nervous. Take a few lessons to help you get started and practice! :D

Hey Daven...thank you so much for your encouraging words... really appreciated it

Cheers,

Ishika Saxena

ReplyQuote
(@ishikasaxena)
Eminent Member

Hey thats awesome to see so many replies.. hey but I was wondering if I can just see some good videos of singing and then learn the way they are singing because you know learning online is little difficult.... but lets see i will try and get to learn on this......

Cheers,

Ishika Saxena

ReplyQuote
(@ishikasaxena)
Eminent Member

Hey I watched..awesome singing video.... may be you people will enjoy this video..... 8)

http://www.desitara.com/viewvideo/12257/Kaike_Paan_Bnaraswaala/

Cheers,

Ishika Saxena

ReplyQuote