Clear all

Could use some advice

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@usaf_chrisa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well, like most, I don't think my voice sounds very good. But, I tried out singing nevertheless.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=591951
(its the one on top named Courtney's Song (no im not courtney))

Just wondering what you guys thought about my voice. It was done in only 2 takes so I think I could do better in spots.

Feel free to comment on the guitar part or playing too :)

Top 3 albums of all time:
1. Abbey Road
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

Hey just listened to the track, have a few comments.

Oh, BTW I cannot sing AT ALL so these are the comments of a listener not a singer! :)

You sound like you are really holding back, especially at the start of the song. This is to expected as you were probably nervous about recording yourself, but try to sing 'out' more, it sounds like you are singing into your chest (like when you used to give a book report at school and would stare at the floor!)

The bulk of the song sounds good, but you seem to have a bit of trouble getting the higher notes. This could be due to you not singing fully, as I wrote above, or it could be something you need to practice.

from the way you sung the song, I can imagine your voice suiting a coldplay - chris martin kinda vibe (not meant to be an insult!) :P

A good song, and props for you for recording your singing too. I'm still not that confident yet! :)

Pete

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@zaiga)
Trusted Member

Hey Chris, that's not very bad at all! But I agree with what 101etc said: try to sing a bit louder. Just belt it out next time! This might be something that needs time, to build a bit of confidence.

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@usaf_chrisa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the advice, and yeah I was pretty nervous singing. I will try to sing with a little more confidence next time. Just have to wait till' nobodys around so they cant hear me when i sing :)

Top 3 albums of all time:
1. Abbey Road
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

You have a very good voice that just needs practice and a few pointers on technique. Check out this site.

http://www.vocalist.org.uk/

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote