Clear all

First Song!

14 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

After 2 years and 5 months I decided to sing, and love it. This month I've been playing and singing Mississippi John Hurt's "Spike Driver Blues" my first song. I got the Homespun DVD teaching all his songs and I'm having fun with it.
So, what was the first song you learned to sing and play at the same time?

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

(@bennett)
Reputable Member

Neil Young's Heart of Gold, although it can be well argued that what I'm doing is anything but singing. :P

This is one of my favourites too since it's the first one I could play the harmonica with. I much prefer this component than the singing, though I do like the combination of vocals, harp and guitar. :)

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@blind_lemon_pye)
Trusted Member

It was Nirvana's "Jesus don't want me for a sunbean" (simplest song in the world), though I doubt it could have been called singing or playing!!!!!

If I'm not in the band
Don't mean I'm square
Mercury Rev - Car Wash Air

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

"Gathering Flowers For the Masters Bouquet". It's also the first song I performed for an audience.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

"He" by Jars of Clay

Currently working on "Hello I'm in Deleware" by Dallas Greene (City and Colour)

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member

jesus doesnt want me for a sunbeam also :wink:
bless nirvana...

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member

my first one is bliowing in the wind by dylan, i think its a good one to start with :D

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

ReplyQuote
(@jeffob13)

Bob Segars "Turn The Page"

New Songwriter

ReplyQuote
(@slashfan)

"Nutshell" by Alice in Chains, its a rockin song still my strumming pattern is a little bit off

And Gods name is Smack for some

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I try to sing every song i play on guitar...and quite frankly its not an easy job to do.

But if its asking about the very first song i sung and played both , then it has to be 'Take Me Home Country Roads' by John Denver.A beautiful song. :)

ReplyQuote
(@telemarker)
Trusted Member

It was either Knockin' On Heaven's Door or Wonderful Tonight. Yeah, I think it was Knockin' followed by Wonderful Tonight. I learned to play a little drums my first year in college, after that singing and playing at the same time was never a problem.

ReplyQuote
(@jukke)

i think my first was, metallica- whisky in the jar, and i got a A+ for that from my teacher XD

what we see or seem is but a dream withen a dream // edgar allen poe

ReplyQuote
(@aarrgg)
Eminent Member

I,m always trying to sing when I'm playing even if I just begun to learn playing guitar.
The first song I've mastered on guitar and sung at the same time is "Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams. Actually I doesn't find it to hard playing and singing at the same time.

Btw, hello Jukke, fellow Swede.

"I face myself, to cross out what I've become
erase myself, and let go of what I've done"
- Linkin Park

ReplyQuote
(@shygirl)

Hi, how did you start. I want to sing and play so bad but i'm soooo afraid. How long did you practice one song before you had the guts to perform it and how do you know when your good enough to just do it

ReplyQuote