Skip to content
Hitting the high no...

Notifications
Clear all

Hitting the high notes (& constructive criticism)

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@onelivewire)
Topic starter  

Alright, so I've been singing for near to three years now (17, btw), but only in the past 7 or 8 months have I been stretching to use notes at the top of my register. Currently my range is around F#2-B5, though I cannot sustain the top few for very long.
Now, when I took lessons at the age of 13/14 I remember the top of my range being something to the tune of Eb4 (the high note in Smashing Punmpkin's '1979'), so I guess I've improved a bit on my own. But I really wish I could have better stamina on my higher octave and at least get up to a C5, if not D or E (Bruce Dickinson is my idol). What do you guys suggest to get me up there?
Also, here is where the constructive criticism comes in: there are a couple tracks with me singing at http://www.myspace.com/southernfear
tell me what you think, what I should work on, and the like.
The highest note I hit on the tracks is A5.

Thanks much,
---erich

(@ethanpallas)

First of all, your bassist is out of tune. Secondly, I would be really surprised to hear a bass F# come out of you. You definitely sound like a tenor. If it's true though, then you may be a baritone. In that case, it's unlikely that you will be able to sing much higher than a tenor A. If you can, it will be with better breath support and less tension in you vocal folds and jaw.

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Currently my range is around F#2-B5, though I cannot sustain the top few for very long.

F#2-B5 is a pretty wide range, that's like 2-1/2 octaves. IMO, you're doing pretty good if you can cover all of that.

Didn't get a chance to listen to the audio. I usually browse the forum on my lunch hour and the Webnonsene program blocks those types of things.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

But I really wish I could have better stamina on my higher octave and at least get up to a C5, if not D or E (Bruce Dickinson is my idol). What do you guys suggest to get me up there?
---erich

more cowbell?

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

more cowbell?

:lol:

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote