I,ve put down my axe and focusing on my singing

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,
I'm now into my 6th vocal lesson and found that it is very difficult to concentrate on my singing while playing. I can sing much better with a music track than with my guitar. I hate it because I really miss playing guitar but feel it is very important to learn to sing after all these years of being "the worst singer on the planet". Only so much time in the day. Any suggestions on how to do both? Would greatly appreciate any input!

(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Why not record your own music tracks?

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I would have to record bass and drums as well, probably take too long. My singing has improved a lot in a few lessons. just a comprimise for now. As I learn to sing better, I'm sure the guitar will come into play...hopefully it might help. We will see!

ReplyQuote
(@angeldust84)

I suggest you keep playing guitar ,I personally know how hard it is to play and sing at the same time,but the ability to control yourself timing,feeling,dynamic with the guitar is priceless to me.Not to mention if you're good at the guitar ,it will just complement your singing in a good way ! I would NEVER give up guitar for my voice (been playing for 13 years,singing for just 4)

Why not practicing the two skills separately ?

ReplyQuote
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I suggest you keep playing guitar ,I personally know how hard it is to play and sing at the same time,but the ability to control yourself timing,feeling,dynamic with the guitar is priceless to me.Not to mention if you're good at the guitar ,it will just complement your singing in a good way ! I would NEVER give up guitar for my voice (been playing for 13 years,singing for just 4)

Why not practicing the two skills separately ?

It's all about time management. I'm in my fourth vocal lesson and making good progress. I do play my guitar, just not as much. It's definately a trade off.

ReplyQuote