Clear all

Just a question

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hmm when we sing, how are we actually singing.. what we hear we are singing or better/worse, cuase Ive been singing lately, because I dont have anybody to sing for me so Im singing now, and I think I sound ok but when I record it its like this horrible sound that I cant stand, Ive singed in front of like 2 people, and they really liked it O_O, but I really dunno when I record myself ( on my cell xD ) it sounds really really horrible.. is this mental ?

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

(@alangreen)

Well, your cellphone isn't going to give you sound recording of any quality so don't go slitting your wrists yet.

What you are going to have to get used to is that your natural voice gets a bit of bass added by its vibration through your jawbone, so what you hear in your head when you speak or sing is not how it sounds to the outside world. So, when you hear your recorded voice played back with flat EQ that's what you sound like and it can come as a bit of a surprise; I know it did when I first heard me.

I remember a guy working the sound desk in Romford (Essex) one night many years ago soundchecking our singer and saying "Hmm, yes, we can make you sound quite good" before twiddling a few knobs, so there is always hope. I notice he never said anything to me to inspire any hope but I went ahead and did backing vocals anyway. If your friends say you sound ok, then accept that you do - they've got a vested interest in being honest about it.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Next year is your senior year in high school.
Chances are you will have fulfilled most requirements for graduation and will have more choices for electives.
If that's the case, you can choose chorus for one of your electives . . . or you can join a church choir . . .
to get some singing experience and maybe some tips.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

WOW that is a really good idea, I was kinda thinking about it this year, but chose music appreciation instead I am going to appreciate me some music O_O.

Thanks for the encouragement, I wont go slittin my wrists yet O_O xD.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@khalix)

i think you really have a good voice, it's just that you don't appreciate the voice that you've heard in your record.
i can say that just enhance you talent and go on with that.
good luck! :wink:

ReplyQuote