Clear all

late night record

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

heya, i was sitting at home trying to write a new song couple of nights ago, when i decided to practice one of my old songs i havent played in ages. recorded the first take and this is it. voice is a bit wobbly but see what you think (you might need to click on the 'run ActiveX toolbar at top of screen when it opens, its safe i think)

Show and Tell - Andrew Harris (me!)

Click here to watch Show--Tell-13

(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

*whistles*

this is the single worst lack of response iv seen on this site..... :S

well...maybe not.
anyway has anyone got any pointers on the singing? thats what i want to hear about

ReplyQuote
(@rocketgirl)
Reputable Member

Andrew,

I tried to take a listen and it locked up my cpu. Maybe a quicktime thing. If you have somewhere to listen, maybe soundclick or myspace, post it and I'll give you my 2 cents, if you want it. :) Gwynne.

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i tried it on another computer and it still worked for me...i dont know where else to post it. i dont wanna sign up to any more free upload sites :S
oh well

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member

Hey,
I just listened and I thought the singing was very fully realized for the material. The only possible improvement you could make would be to dedicate some more practice time to working your scales and really get a feel for different interval jumps and "licks"... though I think you should hold on to the way you kind of slur the scale type parts, it has a personality. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I just liked your voice on this tune.

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

thanks mate, simple and helpful
and at least i know that the link works, thats good

ReplyQuote
 Trev
(@trev)
Eminent Member

I really liked the song. I don't really have anything to say about it except for thanks for sharing it

ReplyQuote
(@ellenback)
Eminent Member

I like it, coleclark, you have a great voice. Right off the bat, the song seemed too busy, vocally, too crowded, you know? Enunciation could be clearer as well. Is there a way to slow down the tempo so you could focus more on the words? Less is more. I liked your emotion in it, too. Just my two cents.

Elle

ReplyQuote
 tree
(@tree)
Trusted Member

I had tried to listen to your audio clip earlier but I had problems as well. Today for some reason it worked though.
Anyways, the song is very good overall. As Elle said, it does feel like the words are a bit crowded, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you sang it quite well.
Nice job

so many places that are hard to see
so many places that aren't
so many places we want to be
so many times we are not

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

hmmmm really?

i thought the guitar work was quite busy and dominating with all the twiddly bits but the vocals were quite slow, if i take any words out i reckon it will sond empty

could you explain your thoughts a bit more maybe?

ReplyQuote
(@ellenback)
Eminent Member

It could be the guitar making it sound 'crowded', Cole, or it could be your enunciation...I had trouble making out some of the words. And without the printed lyrics to pull from, I have no idea what the words were so I could pinpoint you to them. It feels as though you are rushing the words. Would it be possible to slow down the tempo a bit? You really have a nice voice, and I can't give you more concrete advice on this song until I can make heads or tails out of it.

Elle

ReplyQuote