Notifications
Clear all

Need Some Help Singing on Pitch

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jasumi)
Topic starter  

I can barely sing in tune much less be famous for it :( Was wondering if you guys could help me out with my singing. I'm a rather decent guitarist, but I'll be damned if I can sing and strum one day...

http://www.box.net/shared/ci2qn13bdb

lol That's the only song my lazy brain can think of at the moment. I was singing in my comfort range.

1. Am I sharp or flat? I'm musically tone deaf, so it's a miracle I can play chords on my guitar well.
2. Am I Mezzo or Soprano?
3. Do I stand a chance in Hell at being the next Kris maybe a few years of training from now? lol

(@jersey-jack)
Estimable Member

Odd choice of song aside....you have nice tone and you certainly can become a good singer if you put some work into it and perhaps get some instruction. The next Kris??? Well, I'm not sure who you're referring to. If you mean Kris Kristofferson, well, sure, but your voice is a bit high for this. :roll:

You are pitchy at points, but there no consistency to it--i.e., sometimes you're sharp, sometimes flat. But the problem is not at all extreme. You're certainly NOT tonedeaf, but you may be underestimating the amount of practice you have to do to nail a melody. My guess is that you feel you know this song well enough to wing it, but solid melody requires practice--even if you've heard the song, or even casually sung the song, quite a bit, you still need to woodshed the melody if you want to hit every note correctly.

In any case, yes your voice is well worth working on. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@jasumi)
Topic starter  

Oh Geeze, both sharp and flat lol :oops:

Thanks for replying. I'll have to work harder on my pitch then.

(Oh, I was referring to Kris Allen ie. Next American Idol). lol

ReplyQuote
(@hobson)
Noble Member

I agree that you have a nice tone and could learn to sing. You are not tone deaf. You do alright until you get to the more difficult intervals.

Soprano or mezzo? It's hard to tell from one song that doesn't have a very wide range, but you said this was in your comfort range. You can sing low enough that you are probably a mezzo. On the other hand, you might have a four octave range and that was the bottom of it.

Renee

ReplyQuote