Needing Help!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hi evryone
So the last time I sang out loud was in 1954 at our Sunday school. The song was The Happy Wanderer! I haven't sang or been back to church other than funerals or weddings since. The guys I play with weekly want me to join in the singing and to tell the truth I am petrified. But the pressure is on. To make matters worse they are also going to start playing out. But I am cool with that. So I did up my own backing and sang-talked the song Ghost Riders in the sky. I have posted a soundclick link here. If you would give it a listen could you give me a honest opinion as to whether there is hope, is the key approx right, would lessons be a help etc. Of course the other guys say it will come with practice, good job etc. but they have reason to lie!! Thanx
Robbie

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=975776

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

There's not a thing in the world wrong with your voice! You just need to keep doing it and build up your confidence. Sing in the shower, sing in the car, sing whenever you can and once you get over the initial "soreness" from using your vocal muscles for an extended time for the first time in your life, the confidence will come!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Heck yeah, you can sing! Confidence will be no problem. You're the minstrel Minnedosan! :lol:

Okay, you can be flat in a few a places, and you're sharp in others. This is good, that you can actually do both?

The goal then is to just get used to it, aim for the middle, and I guess you'll always be in pitch. It's really there, just repeat and tweak. 8)

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Thanx to both of you! That helps my confidence end of things anyway. I guess it's like a lot of other stuff, guitar included (practice helps a bunch) I guess what is needed is to learn some lyrics and go to it, although there ain't much room here in the closet! Anybody else got any input that would help my struggle?
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@scrtchy)
Estimable Member

Learn about your head voice. Go to youtube and search head voice.

http://www.daughtersandsons.net -Cincinnati CEA Award winners for best original RnB/Funk band! (Bragging is in the user manual and encouraged)(Hi Mom)

ReplyQuote