Clear all

Playing and Singing

18 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

....But if that's her approach, she must have a reason (other than you wanting to).
She brought it up. I was as surprised as anyone would be. :?:

I didn't object, of course.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member

I think it is like anything else. Unless you have honed in on both aspects of performing... like playing and singing both well, you should approach it one at a time. I have played guitar a long time very well... but I can't sing. in order to sing well you have to concentrate on just that. Lay down your guitar track. and the sing to it. you will learn to sing a lot better, then gradually bring the guitar into it.

ReplyQuote
(@marcmm)
Eminent Member

Just don't give up and start with easy stuff like playing the chords and singing! And, if u're taking lessons, be sure to tell your teacher what u want to learn.
I started to play and sing about 4 years ago, being part of a garage band trio (bass, guitar,drums). It's somewhat harder to preform when u're a singer and a lead/rythm guitarist, but I learned a lot out of this experience. Now I enjoy playing barre chords and singing and let the other guitarist make solos, harmonies etc. :mrgreen:

My general opinion is, that, at the end of a day it's all about practice..

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2