Clear all

Recording

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just recorded a demo with my band Savanah, I've already plastered this on two other parts of the forum, but I want to know what you think of my vocals on a particular song.

The song is I'll Find My Way and its up on http://www.myspace.com/savanahband

Cheers!

Zacharias Wolf

(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

i have a cousin called savannah....

but on a different note, yeah sounds good

being completely honest:

1.) the intro was a bit long for me, i know that it suits the type of music and if you werent actually just sitting there listening to it it wouldnt seem as long, but if this is a demo track i found my attention waning quite quickly at the start....
2.) your voice sounds great, though it did catch me off guard at first, sounds like creed to a tune that suits a coffee shop :P
3.) in places the guitar seemed off beat with the drums, its hard not to have that though with type of music
4.) it was quite long, but that isnt a bad thing. i know my own songs tend to run on for a while when you get more ideas for lyrics and as you get into the groove of the song.

all in all its sounds great, have you been singing for a while? and did you get it professionally mastered cause it doenst sound anything like an amatuer recording

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks coleclark, I've been singing for a couple of years, yeah it was recorded at a professional studio.

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

out of interest (and i know this is strying off topic so pm me if you dont want your thread spammed) how much on average does pro recording cost and how does it work. individual tracks or the group plays and they record each instrument? pitch correction?

ReplyQuote