Clear all

setting it free

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

ive been singin for 6 months and i have improved a lot, im happy with my progress but still im facing 1 problem. that is i can sing the song in tune and it sounds alryt but what the problem is i cant set my voice free, it feels like somewhere the sound is stuck and it doesnt flow freely...i hope u understand what i mean. what can i do to make it sound freeeeee. help guys.

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Happy to hear you're pleased with your progress :D Now for the hard part, it's going to take more practice. What I do is visualize the sounds coming up from my diaphram and out. Then I practice practice practice. In order to not over control your voice (which is what it sounds like your doing) you need the confidence to let it go. For practice try singing along with songs that are really belted out. Especially good are song where only part of the song is really belted out. So you have an anticipation leading into that part (your thinking here comes that part I'm going to let it go). For lack of a better term, once you've mastered the basics it's all a matter of being able to turn loose. :wink:

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

you need to learn how to hit the high notes from deep down so they are loud and resonant. It just kinda happens when your breathing and vocal chord tension match up perfectly. It helps to visualize your vocal chords like a rubber band stretched over a column of air. There is a hole in the middle and you stretch the band to make the hole the right size. You want the air to feel like its coming from as low as possible strait up into the top of your head.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

ReplyQuote
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks tim and dnek, hey what about the rest of the people, c'mon guys share your knowledge....i need your help

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

ReplyQuote
(@zacharias)
Estimable Member

Just a quick guess here, did you find that your voice had an overly fast vibrato at first, or seemed to soft?
It seems like you're trying to control your resonance. I recommend singing really softly in a breathy voice and then just raising the volume, vibrato is usually diminished and at a faster rate at high notes anyways.
Give it a try!
cheers,
Zach

Zacharias Wolf

ReplyQuote