Notifications
Clear all

Singing Exercises

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@green5)
Topic starter  

Hello All - I am new to joining this site; however I have been reading the forums for a while now, and have found that the information provided is useful.

I am new to the singing community as well, music has always been a passion of mine, but I have never pursued it in the past. I have just recently started taking singing lesson. I am enjoying them so far, and am very thankful for the help I have received learning proper breathing techniques. I have notice a difference in my voice since I started my lessons a couple months ago. My teacher has gone over many other exercises with me as well to help expand my range.

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for more singing exercises that I can find online to practice while at home to expand my range and help me to become a better singer overall? Also any little tips you have for me while I am just beginning to learn how to properly sing.

(@guitar2320)

I've been using youtube for a lot of good singing exercises,
check out eric arceneaux, rockthestagenyc (or something like that) and brett manning singing success
these three personally have helped me a lot

ReplyQuote
(@green5)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info! I will check them out on youtube.

Lately I have found that I am letting out too much air when singing a single note. I find that I am inhaling a good amount of air, but exhaling too much while singing. My teacher has given me many different exercises to work on breathing but I havent found that any of them help with exhaling.

I am also trying to work on the transition from a really high note to a low note and find that harder than going from a low note to a high note. Any tips on this would be appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@grendle7)

Going from a low note to a high note (pending on what you mean by "high) is tough. <--That type of stuff just takes time and practice.

Singing sirens tends to help with that crazy transition. Ask your vocal instructor about sirens....

About your breathing....breathe through a straw.

Take a straw, put it in your mouth, and breathe through it. I think that it should give you a feel of how much should be allowed to leave, as you sing.

ReplyQuote
(@sunnibear)
Trusted Member

Hello All - I am new to joining this site; however I have been reading the forums for a while now, and have found that the information provided is useful.

I am new to the singing community as well, music has always been a passion of mine, but I have never pursued it in the past. I have just recently started taking singing lesson. I am enjoying them so far, and am very thankful for the help I have received learning proper breathing techniques. I have notice a difference in my voice since I started my lessons a couple months ago. My teacher has gone over many other exercises with me as well to help expand my range.

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for more singing exercises that I can find online to practice while at home to expand my range and help me to become a better singer overall? Also any little tips you have for me while I am just beginning to learn how to properly sing.
As boring as singing exercises may be, they are especially vital if you are persuing a singing career. I am just learning to sing. I haved studied other instruments over many years and sick over the fact I couldn't sing to save my life. That is finally changing after a few lessons from probablty the best singing coach on the planet. I think you will find both links of interest to you. Let me know what you think! http://ezinearticles.com/?Singing-Exercises-Are-the-Push-Ups-of-Voice-Training&id=6681982
http://cybervoicestudio.com/

ReplyQuote