Clear all

singing to chords

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@lotinelm)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

sorry if this is a repeated question. how to i sing to chords or rather pitching? what about do re mi fa sol la ti do? what does that do? when i sing, i cant really hit the pitch or tunes or key or whatever. what can i do? thanking in advance.

(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

You don't sing to chords you sing notes or pitches. Do Re Mi is called Solfege (also see Sol-fa training). It's a way of assigning sylables to pitches of the Diatonic scale. It's used in voice and pitch training for singers among other things. I use it to train my ear and voice and to warm up. You can use a keyboard or your guitar to play the notes of the scale and sing solfege along with it. It's pretty remarkable how the brain can here a note and then learn to repeat it.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

A professional technique is to play a chord on the piano and sing the notes individually, eg you play a C chord and sing either C E or G as a vocal pitch. to learn to sing a note in a chord other than the root is hard. very good pitch practice though, if you play a C major, sing E pitch, then take the C and G notes away leaving you just playing an E on the piano, see how your vocal pitch compares. be warned it is hard and depressing at first :P

ReplyQuote