5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@metaaaal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hey, im singing 4/5 months now

im 16 jears old , 17 in 1 weeks

i feel i/ve improved a lot, first i could not sing a d4/e4 comfortably.

With my chest voice i can hit g2 to g4 (in songs) g4/g#4 in scales and b4 in shouting (is not singing) i think i am a high bariton or very low tenor ( i got a loud voice but got a little high voice in it) (as i go lower b2/a2/g2 i dont have much power in my low notes)

but with my head voice i also hit g2 to g4, but in the high part it doesn't feel much comfortable then chest voice, it is lighter then my chest voice and i can put air on my head voice, i dont feel a bridge when i go higher in my chest voice

with falsetto i can reach a3 to c5 (but it is weak and airy and when i try higher then c5, only air comes out, can this be because of my age)

with belting i can hit a4/a#4 but its not very comfortably

doesnt head voice suppose to go higher and be more comfortable then chest voice....or is it just my age

thanks for your help.

(@metaaaal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

also, when i try to relax, my vibrato is used on every word, is this a good thing?

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Some of it may be age-related. I understand that the voice doesn't fully mature until around age 25 and, of course, your voice (and what you can/can't do with it) will change with time and lifestyle.

But I reckon a lot has to do with the fact that you've only been singing for a matter of months. You will probably find that if you keep working on things in a positive manner, you'll find these things come easier to you with time.

And I'm no singer, but when trying to, um, develop my voice, I find it a lot more comfortable to sing in my chest voice than my head voice. I find it easier to hit notes with my chest voice, so I probably tense up a little when using my head voice. I also don't have as strong breath control in head than in chest.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Maybe you aren't in chest to begin with, or maybe you aren't switching to head when you think you are. Do you have a teacher?

ReplyQuote
(@metaaaal)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thx for responding :D ,

i have a teacher, and she teaches me the catherine salodin method, (CVT)
where i for example have to sing a scale wich goes from normal chest voice to neutral, neutral is light and high (head voice).
(I can use neutral on my entire chest range)
I recorded a scale: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=935376
in the beginning it just chest voice (i think)
The second scale is first chest voice and transforms into head voice.

when i go higher in chest voice i dont feel any crack, i feel its getting harder to hit the note like g#4/a4 where i need to go very loud, but i don't feel a crack and i dont feel the need to go into head voice

ReplyQuote