Clear all

Taking Skype singing lessons tomorrow

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, I've got my first consult/lesson tomorrow. I've found that lessons over skype tend to be much less expensive.

I went with someone in the UK because he offers a couple trial lessons to see if you like the way it goes, then it's like $20 for 45 minutes. Everywhere else I've noticed was about $40 an hour. He also plays guitar and will be able to help with getting in the correct key and such.

Looking forward to seeing what this lesson will do for me. After about a year and a half of trying to improve on my own, I think the Skype thing will work wonders.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@nathan080)
Estimable Member

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well, the consultation was interesting...he talked about air flow, and the wider your mouth goes the less I'm pushing it out and the air will naturally go where it needs to be, and it will be less force on my part to get it out.

It felt alot better to do it his way.

We spent the time talking about what I wanted to get out of the lessons, and had spent some time ahhhing and oohing over an E and A chord progression.

A big problem was pushing too hard when singing, I always started the ahhh's with a ha. So I've been practicing that.

Either way, it was great! I am doing bi-weekly lessons with him for about 10pound or $13-$15. The first one though I wanted to do an hour with him.

Real nice guy! I'll be looking forward to more lessons for sure.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote