vibrato!!!

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@reynold)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

what is the technique 4 vocal vibrato.....please somebody explain?? :D

" Take what you can from your dreams and make them real as anything " - Dave Matthews.

(@sobrelaguitarra)

Reynold,

I found some pretty good info I want to share that might be helpful for you:

Dan's simplistic key to achieving vibrato = relax you throat as you sing and make sure you're always supporting the tone all the way from your feet to your diaphragm. Also, try to place the tone in the resonant mask of your face (ie, the sinus triangle) and keep your tongue forward to create an echo chamber for your voice to spin.

Also, try to avoid tension in your jaw (aka DON'T DO WHAT I DO ARGH).

I've been told by a friend of mine, who happens to be a voice instructor, that I have a natural vibrato (especially when I hold long notes). I think it sounds really bad, but she seems to believe that it's a good thing. Who knows why!

ReplyQuote
(@aussie-rocker)
Eminent Member

I agree with Reynold..

Vibrato is easier to do at a softer volume.

ReplyQuote
(@wilbur80)

The way that I see it you don't really do natural vibrato, but you kind of let it come out freely.

I started singing when I was fairly old (about 22 and I'm 28 now) and achieving vibrato has been one my goals. I just finished having singing lesson (for a period of 8 months) and my voice has slowly developed towards natural vibrato.

Before I start singing I usually do these retarded warm ups running up and down the skales with lip rolls, tongue drills, ng-sound etc. As mental as those excersises may fell and sound they REALLY help in freeing your voice and making it flexible (which will make natural vibrato possible).

You can also produce the vibrato by "shaking" your voice, but I don't think it sound as good and it may also strain the voice.

Feel free to disagree and comment my thoughts.

ReplyQuote
(@wilbur80)

Obviously this was an ancient post, but hope my answer still helps someone. :lol:

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

I started singing when I was fairly old (about 22 and I'm 28 now)

Ahhhhhh!!!!! Geez, Wilbur...I gots shoits older than you!

Cat :lol:

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@wilbur80)

I started singing when I was fairly old (about 22 and I'm 28 now)

Ahhhhhh!!!!! Geez, Wilbur...I gots shoits older than you!:

Lol! Well... that didn't come out right.

Let me refrase: I was fairly old to start singing at the age of 22. I bet I would be a lot better if I had started 4-5 years earlier. Same goes with playing guitar which I started when I was 21.

ReplyQuote