Clear all

Where to start......

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well, i think its about time i stepped up and did some backing vocals with the band (we need the extra vocal) - but the truth is im the guy who turned upto the same kare-oke and sang the same song each week so badly it was funny......... :lol:

i have read nicks "start here" thread, but still need a bit of help...

if im honest i am a bit self concious about singing. I have never done it and im nearly 30.

i would post a vid, but only if i could get constructive help.. i dont know if it is even possible to get help that way and i dont want to make a fool of myself for no benefit...

i guess what i am saying is "is it worth making a video of me singing", is that a good way to start??

Al

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

(@scrybe)
Famed Member

If you do get a chance to be Liverpoolwards at all over the summer (IIRC you're a teacher by profession), you could always check out if Sense of Sound are doing any workshops. They're highly reputable and I can thoroughly recommend them. They offer a range of tuition options as well as running a very successful choir, but they had some workshops geared towards total beginners last summer, so I'm guessing they may well do the same thing this year. I believe they also have an email sign up thingy for a tips-packed newsletter.

Oh, and if you can get Liverpoolwards, consider yourself invited to the jam at mine in a few weeks. It'll be myself, Vic Lewis, and Yashicamat (so far).

And that's about as helpful as this current non-singer can be on this subject. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Cheers scybe.

i will google sense of sound and see what they're about. And thanks for the jam invite - looked like you had fun at the last one. :D

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@jase36)
Reputable Member

if im honest i am a bit self concious about singing. I have never done it and im nearly 30.

i would post a vid, but only if i could get constructive help.. i dont know if it is even possible to get help that way and i dont want to make a fool of myself for no benefit...

I cant give any advise on singing but I did recently put a video up of my first recorded attempt to sing. I have received a few tips from putting it up and have tried to act upon them. I'd hardly tried singing before I made the video and I hadnt really planned to sing it and certainly not to put it on you tube. The positive aspect of putting it up was that Its encouraged me to sing (as long as no one else is home) ,and I've also realised it really makes simple songs more fun to play on the guitar if you sing along. The comments I received were mainly from this site and another I use and were very kind so I dont think you have to worry about making a fool of yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

ReplyQuote