Clear all

Alternate tunings I can't find anywhere else

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@spitzbergen)
Topic starter  

Hi!

I often use 2 tunings that I came up with by ''if only that string was tuned to...'' and I get some pretty good mileage out of 2 tunings in particular. One is DADGBbd (basically a DADGAD variant), and EADG#BD#. I found a Canadian guy on YouTube who uses DADGBbd for one song, but was surprised that I couldn't find more. Anyone familar with either tuning?

(@spitzbergen)
Topic starter  

Also, does anyone know of a site that lets you enter in a tuning, and it gives you chord charts for that tuning? That would be really helpful too.

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

If you know how chords are formed, you'll never need an app or a website to show you how to find chords in any tuning. We've got an old lesson on that topic (written way back in 2000) here at the Guitar Noise:

https://www.guitarnoise.com/lessons/open-tuning-part-2/

This particular lesson is about open tunings, but the principle of mapping out the fretboard applies to any tuning you want.

Hope this helps. And welcome to Guitar Noise, by the way. Hope to be seeing more of you here on the Forum pages.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@spitzbergen)
Topic starter  

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I know how chords are formed, and I've already written out chort charts. But obviously, a site like the one I was asking about would make it much simpler, and possibly reveal possibilies I would have otherwise missed..

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

That's true, but it's amazing how many ways of making chords you won't find on charts.

That doesn't mean that such a site isn't out there, though. Hopefully someone will chime in with information.

Peace

ReplyQuote