0 Likes
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

As is any tuning.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@wideawake)
Trusted Member

Soundgarden used a lot of Drop d tuning and so does Cornell in his recent solo shows on his acoustic :>

You sing in praise of suicide, we know you're useless, like cops at the scene of the crime.

The sky is a landfill.

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@smitty420)

song good songs on acoustic in drop D are pretty well ALL alice and chains songs. also you could try Nirvana. pretty much anything since 1990 lol. try out some they sound incredible. check out their Live and unplugged DVD its a killer. or you could just search on youtube. but pretty much anything sounds sweet in drop D it has such a thick tone and you can change power chords so much faster so i wouldnt say it makes you lazy. it makes you much more versatile and it strengthens your fingers i feel because you are using like 1 at a time to cover maybe 2-3 strings with some deep chugging picking so eventually it will help your speed. it has elevated me thats for sure.

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

godsmack, three days grace, and shinedown all use drop d alot, as do alot of other bands that I can't think of right now. It's fun to play with and anything that makes you think about the fretboard more or in a different way is good.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2