Tenor Guitar

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hey there everyone!

I have just grabbed myself a new tenor guitar and am looking for a few relatively easy songs that I can play with the guys.
I am told that the TG plays like a tenor banjo but Australia is not teeming with Tenor players. There are a few Irish guys around but not too much else.

All help gratefully appreciated

M

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I expect you'll find some experienced tenor players here: http://www.guitarseminars.com/gs/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Many thanks, will start the search!
My wife went to school in Knoxville are you far away?
M

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

~115 miles.

ReplyQuote
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

In Australian terms not that far at all!

She has schoolreunion next year which should be fun. The Boy most Likely is still doing time...but it could be fun to drink beer with Central Highers and shoot the breeze.

Will ask for some good music venues closer to the date and then we head to NO for a bit of Dixie and other stuff

M

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, we've long been used to hopping back and forth to K-town quite freely. The recent jump in gas prices has cut into that a bit.

ReplyQuote
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Not sure what price it is over there but bloody hell the time will come when I may have to think about buying a little runabout rather than a car that fits dogs, kids, saddles...lucky my little Martin doesn't take up toooo much room.

Take care

M

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's fallen back down a bit, yesterday I was seeing $3.559 on station signs. Lower than in many places, but I'm old enough to have pumped a bunch of gas at 24 9/10 cents per gallon. A few months back it abruptly went from somewhere below $3/gal to around $4. It's been really hard for lots of folks. Not much in the way of public transportation around here, and I used to ride a bicycle to work. Takes a brave soul.

ReplyQuote
(@marcusmd)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hell, we're about 1.60 per litre here which is about 6.60 aus per gal so about 580 us.

Maybe I can still afford an old mustang when I come over!

M

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

You can really get a deal on a humongous pickup or Hummer.

ReplyQuote