BIG thanks to David

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I would just like to express my thanks to David for all the effort he put in to the Sunday Songwriters Group over the last 12 months, thanks David.

And Vic, thanks for stepping up, Im looking forward to seeing your ideas unfold.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

(@alangreen)

And so say all of us

A: -)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Not just for this, every time I pick up a guitar, every time I play a gig, every time I finish a new song, every time I teach somebody something, every time I feel way down and know I have a place to go and a friend who will listen, that's when I'm thankful I met David.

Anyway, if I haven't said it recently, thanks David.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've already said my thanks in a couple of places, but, working off the premise that I can't say "Thank You" enough for all I've learned, one more can't hurt.....so thanks again David, not just for all the hard work you've put into the SSG this last year, but for all the hard work you've put into Guitarnoise over the years.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I'll second that appreciation . . . or am I fifth?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

+1

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

I've already said my thanks in a couple of places, but, working off the premise that I can't say "Thank You" enough for all I've learned, one more can't hurt.....so thanks again David, not just for all the hard work you've put into the SSG this last year, but for all the hard work you've put into Guitarnoise over the years.

:D :D :D

Vic

Well put Vic, and +1 from me.

I started work on a "Thank You David" song for SSG6 week 52 (David's last week) but, as usual, I ran out of time before I got to the recording stage. I've been trying to stick to a vow not to post any more alleged 'lyrics' unless I have some music to match. Anyway, I did have the music in my head for this and had the chorus more or less sorted.

The idea is that the first section is slow reflective finger picking, but that it breaks into a full on 'anthem style' chorus once the narrator gets on stage. The chorus would keep repeating with more voices added each time. First time through, the bass, 12 string etc also get added as they are mentioned. (In my wilder fantasies I had all the GN regulars each recording a chorus, and then adding more voices with each repeat, until we actually did have people all round the world singing it..... :wink: ) The lyrics and music need a lot more work yet, but I have played and sung it.... honestly....

It's Time For Me to Go Now

Sitting here backstage, feeling just a little sad
Thinking through the year, and all the laughs we've had
Writing songs and playing them, the way he taught us to
And I'd like to find a way to say “David, thanks to you!”

So when I go out on stage tonight I'll sing this simple song
And ask them all to help me out, join in and sing along

It's time for me to go now, to face the waiting crowd
I'll take these quickly scribbled words, and sing them long and loud....

OK, help me out here...

BIG CHORUS! (Think Wembley stadium....)

Thank you, thank you, David Hodge for all the work you do
In all the world of music there is no one else like you
Whether you're playing bass, or the twelve string or the six
There's nothing much that's missing from your bulging bag of tricks

From Spain to South America, Australia to Peru
Holland, Britain, USA, and from New Zealand too..

We all say...

Thank you thank you, David Hodge...etc.

Late and unfinished... :oops: but heartfelt nevertheless. Thank you David. :note1: :note2: :note1:

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Okay, now I'm officially embarrassed! :wink:

You're making way too big a deal out of this, but I appreciate the sentiment. Rest assured though, I'll be around as much as I can. Especially since the SSG helps me out with my writing probably more than anything else. And for that, you all have my thanks.

Vic, just turn this into a "normal" announcement whenever you see fit, okay?

Thank you all again. Be seeing you on the SSG.

Peace

ReplyQuote