Clear all

SSG 28 Rodeo Radio

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@chefie)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Two weeks ago I was driving along in the desert towards Lost Wages, Nevada and all you could get was cowboy radio. So in homage to that and a little fun, here's;

Rodeo Radio

This is rodeo radio and we're bringing you the songs for your ride through life and when you get off and on
we'll be with you when you're riding' high in the air and we'll be with you when you're down on the ground in despair
and for those times when it seems that you'll never grab the crown we have our world famous rodeo radio clowns

so let's begin with our first song of the day it's all about love and the one that got away
and it's all about getting in the saddle again and remember there are lots more women than men
so ride ‘em cowboy you gotta hold on while rodeo radio plays you the songs

have you heard the one about country and god that it's nothing but a fake and it's all just a fraud
it's just a ruse to get you to follow their way so what ever you do don't listen to what they say
this is rodeo radio bringing you the tunes for the good of the world and not you buffoons

it's time for a commercial and I know it's not fair but the money we get keeps rodeo radio on the air
it'll only take a moment and we'll be right back bringing you the news of the day with all of the facts
this is rodeo radio so please hold on and don't hesitate to call us with your favorite song

Musical Interlude

welcome back and I'm please to say it's rodeo radios most popular show of the day
it's when we stop talking and going on and on and one after another all we do is play songs
this is rodeo radio coming your way tune in or tune out we're here each and every day

we're rodeo radio playing the songs listen if you want but feel free to hum along
that's rodeo radio. . . . . . . . . . . .radio rodeo

(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

Hey chefie,

Nice work, and fast too.

I read it as a hoe-down, over-the-top country sort of deal, with a rodeo announcer sort calling the lyrics rather than singing... I think that's what the lyrics tend to suggest anyway. In light of that, one word seemed to leap out as not like the others: buffoon. I'd have to hear it I guess.

Some of the lines seem a bit wordy, like they'd be hard to sing, but again, I'd have to hear it. If you are going with the rodeo announcer vibe then you definetly want to retain the feel of natural language, and not try to get overly lyrical... in which case just ignore this paragraph.

This, to me, was a really interesting take on the assignment... taking the point of view of a DJ, I mean. Good work. Fun stuff.
remember there are lots more women than men
Hmm, sounds like I should be moving to San Diego.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

Nice work Chefie.

I read it in a similar way to SlowPlay. Would be great to hear nonetheless.

Can't find anything to criticise particularly at this stage.

I think this is a great interpretation of the assignment! 8)

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

Hello

Nice writting , if you record this try and get a whip cracking in the back ground ..

That will add alot to this I feel

Keep posting

L.k

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Chefie,

What can I say? Slowplay took all my comments.

Nice Work

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Can I cheat and say what John said :lol: :lol:

Seriously though :wink:

I really do like this , it has a real niceness about it ...

Made me feel all warm inside

Hilch :?:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote