Clear all

SSG Week 49 Song Titles

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@chefie)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I usually begin with a line or two and on occassion, with a musical line, and I don't even give thought to a title until I've got the first draft done and my computer insists I give it a name when I try to save it. So this is really different for me.

Anyway, here's a couple or three to toss into the ring of possibilites . . . . .

Contradictions . . . .

Funny . . . . .

Whose Your Lover . . . .

Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Neil,

Yeah I know what you mean most of the time the title is the last thing
that comes to me too.

But anyways
Contradictions

Good title Open to a lot of possibilities.
Funny

I'm thinking something along the line of Willie Nelson's "Crazy"
Whose Your Lover

My first impression was "Who Do You Love" but as I think about it more
likely a ballad.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

OOPS Double Post :oops:

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hi,

"Funny" was that one that came out in front for me. Like John I was hearing a Willie Nelson song. What came to mind would suit Neil's style and voice too. "Funny how love turns out..." "Funny how you fell for me/I fell for you..." that type of thing.

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

The cool thing about this series of assignments is that you don't have to worry about starting from the title. Your own title, anyway. The reason for posting your impressions is to give you that "line or two" from taking those impression of other's titles. Then off you go...

Ahem...

Contradictions

Anyone who knows me knows that this would immediately appeal to me. I think all of life is about how people handle all the contradictions that they encounter. That's why so many people aren't happy - it's hard to make anything perfect. To prove my point - while this would be a great title for me to work on, I already know that I couldn't possibly make it say everything I want to say and so might take a pass on it... :wink: Definitely an edgy singer-songwriter sort of song. Maybe Kathy could handle it...

Funny

Willie Nelson and Neil Young have been mentioned, but I'd toss in votes for Aimee Mann, Tom Waits and the late, great Warren Zevon. Each would have a great take on this title. I'd probably go with Waits as I'm currently working on a show with a local singer/songwriter who's kind of got a Tom Waits style song in the works and I've been practicing it a lot of late.

Whose Your Lover

First thing I thought of was Annie Lennox and Who's That Girl? Haven't thought of anything better yet...

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

Contradictions
This could be anything from an angry kiss-off song to a Steve Wright routine set to music. I would probably come at this from a more political slant, but that's just where I got stuck the last couple times I wrote. :)

Funny
'You say it's funny how things change, is that supposed to make me laugh?'

Whose Your Lover?
Maybe this song and Paul's 'Who's That?' could get together a make a beautiful child.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote