SSG Year 6 - Week 48 - dhodge
Okay, here's my five opening lines:
1) Red looks good on you
2) Parker says "Hurry baby I hear someone coming"
3) Bap bah bap bee bah Bap bah bap bee bah
4) You think you're really something
5) Somewhere in this clutter there's a photograph
I like all of these:
1) A love song, or a good-bye song?
2) I hope someone does something with this line, 'cause I wanna find out what Parker and friend are up to. It would really kick a song off with some tension.
3) This could go anywhere. The sounds work well together to my ear, thought noodling around with them I found myself instinctively changing the last "bah" to a "dah".
4) Mmm... a good kiss-off song in the making.
5) It's a good line, but a writer would have to put a quick spin on this to keep out of familiar water. Maybe "Somewhere in this clutter there's a photograph that I need to burn."
This should be fun.
Ice cream is a dish best served cold.
"dah" certainly works for me.
One of the reasons I love these multi-part assignments is that one never knows where things are going to go. Take #4. I didn't have it in mind at least to be a "kiss-off" song. But now that you've said it, it's going to take some doing to get that idea out of my head.
And #5 is certain conventional. I was originally thinking of going with "somewhere in this clutter..." and leave it at that. Maybe I should and let the next person handle it.
Hey David :D
They almost all came together for me :P
Harmony is in High School now, and was wanting to go to Homecoming with a Senior! :shock:
Mel put the kabosh on that.... (Harm ended up being grounded).
Still it got me thinking....
These are more of a chorus part:
So you think you're really something
Don't you know; I think so too
Oh by the way, red looks so good on you
Hurry Baby, someone's comin'
When darkness falls, we'll see this thru
Did I say; Red looks so good on you
And actually, I'm trying to figure out how to work the - Somewhere in this clutter there's a photograph - line
to be a sorta flashback to homecoming memories thing.
Just where it brought me :wink:
"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
Glad you like them, but don't get too far ahead of yourself!
These are all supposed to be potential opening lines for different songs. Next week, and I don't want to give it all away, other people will be choosing from our potential opening lines and adding more. As we move along, we will have a lot of songs going at the same time, so it's best to spend this week getting just the possible opening lines out there for people to be mulling over.
We can certainly work on using all of them in a single song, but let's save that task for a little later. :wink:
Number 3 is so Freddie Mercury. I gotta see how it pans out
"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk
I won't be writing a song but I can toss out some opening lines:
1. It wasn't that long ago
2. Don't blame me
3. An atomic candle is mighty light
4. Cats and women
5. Why is it I'm always wrong?
It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.
Well, Ken, toss them on your own individual thread. Will make things easier to track in the long run.
And why won't you be writing? I think you'd do a fine job.
I really like the second one though I have no idea what parker might be up to :D
"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin
I like #1, it reminds me of Tony Joe White's "You're gonna look good in blues"