22 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Trev, yes long time great to see you back :D
I'm just catching up on GN after returning from holiday (see above). Just spent a week or so in a place called Leigh, swimming and snorkeling each day (there's a marine reserve up there). Very relaxing cafe culture by the seaside. Of course the guitar went too as did the congas, cajon and a few other things that could make noise, which they did during the evenings.
Thanks for the feedback, Im really pleased with this song although the recording wasn't quite what I was after. Vic I've found out what was wrong, it turns out that my headphones have developed an electrical short which is causing the left and right channels to behave in a weird way, so it looks like it'll be out with the soldering iron before the next recording. Actually that photo was the beginning of Davids "2014" assignment, sorry but I only got the music and verse one done before I was distracted by a dip in that backdrop you can see, ahh... such is life.
The sad part is Ive got to go back to work next week :(

cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Leigh, eh....doen't look much like the grim northern town called Leigh that's about 6 miles from where I live! Very much RL country around here....St Helens (my team) is five miles away, Wigan's about 9, Warrington's 5 miles away - I used to work on the site of their ground when it was the Tetley-Walker Brewery! - and Widnes about 8-9 miles away. Leigh aren't in the Super Lleague, with the above mentioned clubs...but I have fond memories of the old Hilton Park ground, it was the first sports ground my dad ever took me to!

Back to work? Dammit, Paul, quit the day job and get into a recording studio....I'd buy a CD of yours. You've got talent and you write and play great songs....yeah, I'm a fan!

All the best, mate, and keep those songs coming!

:-) :-) :-)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Vic :D

I've had the soldering iron out and repaired the headphone jack (no wonder I couldn't get the spacial positioning I was after), anyway I've remastered the song and uploaded it.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12623214

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@chefie)
Prominent Member

I'll keep this minimal . . . . . . nicely done, Paul. Really enjoyed it.

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

I feel your pain Paul having to go back to work after a holiday like that :)

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Nice job, Paul! :D

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member