Clear all

SSG4.1 Wingless *MP3*

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@karla)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My inspiration for this song comes from some daily source: school ;). I was in this stage of nearly falling asleep during some lecture (yeah, going to bed too late, bad habit…) when I caught some words. Turns out that some idiots called certain molecules in the human nervous system “wingless”. That got some great imaginary flowing through my head. So here's where it has taken me:

Wingless
Fluffy clouds in the high skies
Moist grass below your feet
A pretty face very close
You don't need wings to fly

Wingless you were born
And that's how you will end
You don't need those
To enjoy your life

Rumbling thunder in the air
Mud on your entire path
Being all alone this gloomy days
You don't need wings to fall

Wingless you were born
You don't need them
To fall crashing down

Twinkling stars in this cool night
Their warmth is out of reach
But you are creative
You don't need wings to get there

Wingless you were born
You don't need those
To live your life

I know you guys appreciate strumming patterns or a sound file, but I've got a test coming up friday... Plus I still need to try to record last weeks lyric.

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Very good Karla

I did my usual quick read just to read and then went back to analyze what you were actually saying and that is a very powerful strong message.

I saw the over lying theme of through rain, sun, etc you dont need anything else but what you were born with. But then when I read the second time it seemed like you were saying that actually having wings instead of being born as-is can cause you more problems instead of solving your problems.

To me this is your best yet. Very impressed.

I like your new avatar too. is that you?

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hi Karla,
To me this is your best yet. Very impressed.
I agree with geoo, very impressive.

When I was reading the 2nd and 3rd verse the ideas of “putting on airs” and “pride before fall” kept coming into my mind, I don't know if that's what you had in mind in that verse but it worked for me.
I think this is a very well balanced and well written song, well done.

Cheers
pbee

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good work, Karla.

I'd like to hear the music when you get to it.

Also, if that is you in the pix....Guiness....mmmmmmmmm, good! :wink:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanx for your comments guys :D
I was browsing through my lyrics this weekend and I found that I had written too much obvious songs. You know, about love, or hate, or anything.. Thought I'd try to "hide" some message a bit more this time. Guess that worked out the way it should :)

Yeah, it's me. I found that I strongly associate avatars with a person, so I see geoo as a guitar playing monkey and pbee as some toy ;) Thought I'd rather get some pic of myself there hehe

{I want to apologise in advance that I'm going to be very active this week... Just heard I failed my previous test and I'd rather make something good out of the next one for a change...}

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

pbee as some toy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Id just like to point out that in some parts of the world (very good parts too I might add) "Buzzy Bee" is considered an icon. :wink:

I was that bee.

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hi Karla,

To quote Geoo:
I did my usual quick read just to read and then went back to analyze what you were actually saying and that is a very powerful strong message.

WOW!

Very good, I like the way you use the changing line
at the end of the verses and chorus.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

I was browsing through my lyrics this weekend and I found that I had written too much obvious songs. You know, about love, or hate, or anything.. Thought I'd try to "hide" some message a bit more this time. Guess that worked out the way it should

I think it worked well, too. There's a great "mood" to this. It compares nicely to some of Tom Petty's later stuff. You can read a lot into it but it stands well on its own.

Looking forward to reading more and the best wishes to you on making good on the exams.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey pbee - meant no offence, even though I didn't know what the bee is... I do know that geoo's monkey is some keith urban logo ;)

thanks again for your comments, this forum is really turning into some point of hope for me...

I've recorded the song and posted it on soundclick. It turned out to sound quite different then what I planned... (that's a long story.. I always find that songs get to reflect how I feel when putting them to music. I'm being kinda down lately, totally not happy with my study, I couldn't care less about it actually. But that's dragging me down, I've even been losing interest in guitar playing lately.)
It's quite monotone (that's English right?) and rather depressing I'd say. I'm not totally happy with it, but my parents told me to make less noise as they're going to sleep... So yeah, you'll have to do it with this :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=380008

{edit} soundclick is having a go at me - again :evil: - but I'll get it on there ASAP {/edit}

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sounds just fine to me....it's pretty obvious English isn't your first language, that's why you can't get the passion in your voice in the right places....but otherwise, yeah, nice job, Karla!

Lyrics are good, rhythm works fine....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

that's a nice excuse for not singing it brilliant vic ;)
I'll do it again sometime when no one else is at home and I don't need to be so quiet, surely it'll get better then.. or not :P

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Rhythm and lyrics are good. I love your voice.

Song flows nice. Actually much nicer than I thought it would. And yes, when no one is home belt it out and let us hear it. I do like this soft version though.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@thejackal)
Estimable Member

Hi Karla,

I agree with the last comment that the song flows nicely and also better than i thought it would when I read it. After I read it, I thought that the words were beautiful yet sad. I nice combination, but I am a real sucker for a rhyme. I think that helps with getting a feel for the rhythm when just reading it. But, you proved me wrong as after listening i think it sounds great. I also have to agree that you need to sing a little louder. I understand the parents situation but I think it would really add to the quality of your voice if you could open the pipes just a bit more. No need to really belt it out. Just let us feel it a bit more.

TheJackal.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=283413

Only dead fish go with the flow.

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I've rerecorded the song. Just curious to know what you guys think :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=380008

ReplyQuote
(@cow68091)

How will i know hen it is done? :(!

Portugal Florists France Jobs

ReplyQuote