5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi All

I'll start on a general note this week with an apology to David for not getting this assignment over to him for inclusion in the newsletter - my apologies for my recent slackness.  I promise to try harder in the future.

Also I'm looking at starting something over in the Sunday Composers Group so please if anybody wants to join in over there please check it out - something will go up later today.

So without further ado here's week 25's assignment.

Week 25

Now I promised a multipart assignment to go over the next couple of weeks as everyone seemed to enjoy taking part in the last one.  It's a chance to dust off some of the lyrics you've never got down to writing up and seeing what other people can do with them.  Or if a member of your band hands you a couple of lines and says 'What can you do with that?' well now's a chance to find out.

So for this week I want you to write the first two lines for two songs. Bear in mind that the first couple of lines usually grabs the listener and makes them stay with the song.  

So that's it for this week - simple stuff, no?  We'll see.

Good Writing

Bob  :)

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@purple)
Reputable Member

Oops, I misread the assignment.  Ok, I skimmed it and didnt' pay much (any) attention to detail.  I ended up reading through the lyrics and thinking that other people were suppose to take them and write their own song with them.  So I wrote a song with other people's lyrics already.  You said see what some one else can do with them.  (Is the assigment possibly going in this direction?)  I kind of like the song so I can just change the lyrics used.

But my boo boo got me thinking. Since you are starting up a new SCG, why not have a week where you are given some one else's lyrics and you have to put your own music to it?  I think it is neat to see how some one else can take the same lyrics and put completely different sounding music to it.  Did you already do this?

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

(Is the assigment possibly going in this direction?)
Yes
why not have a week where you are given some one else's lyrics and you have to put your own music to it?  
Are you reading over my shoulder? ;)

Actually - I'm not going to do this just yet with the SCG. I need to get it off theground first and something simpler is needed to start off with.

Bob

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Sorry, I'll stop peeking at your notes!  
Actually - I'm not going to do this just yet with the SCG. I need to get it off theground first and something simpler is needed to start off with.
Completely understandable.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@tattooed)
Trusted Member

I got the assignment wrong as well.  I understood we were to post a few lines and others were to add to them; this week not in future weeks.
Sorry to all who might be offended by my mistake in trying to get things started when in fact what I started may be next weeks assignment.

ReplyQuote