Clear all

Sunday Songwriters Group - Week 40

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hello to everyone!

I'm just filling in this week, so don't go thinking that I'm a permanent substitute, okay?

WEEK 40 -

This week's song lyric assignment is to write a narrative story - any style, any genre. But, just to make things interesting, you do have to do one or two things:

1) The story is about a band or a performer (fictional or not, your choice) and about one performance in particular.

2) The story is about anyone (or anything) you'd like, but a band or performer or even a single song has to figure prominently in the lyrics.

Have fun! As Bob would say, write well. And we'll see you on the boards.

Peace

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

As if we'd ever consider you a substitute, David......you'd be in anyone's starting team........!!! It'd be a pretty poor coach who left you on the bench......I'd have you at Centerfield .....!

:) :) :)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@eddygl)

Serendipity :-)

I just so happened to have one verse, of such a song already started..
So here's the impetus, to take the muse out of the closet ( don't want her to take off, like scratchmonkey's ).. and finish it.. :)

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

As if we'd ever consider you a substitute, David......you'd be in anyone's starting team........!!! It'd be a pretty poor coach who left you on the bench......I'd have you at Centerfield .....!

:) :) :)

Not if you've ever seen me at bat, Vic! :wink: Thanks, though, for the sentiment!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

You shouldn't go bat with a strat, David.

:-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@e-sherman)
Reputable Member

Tribute to the Best Song in the world comes to mind, by Jack Black. :D

The king of rock, some say lives
the lizard king, is surely dead
the king of France, lost his head
the King of Kings... bled
( email me at esherman@wideopenwest.(com). I almost never check my hotmailaccount.

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

hey E.Sherman:)

that song is awesome:) and the video clip...hilarious :D

bluenightangel

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"You shouldn't go bat with a strat, David."

I can think of a few English cricketers who'd be better off wielding a strat than a bat.......

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote