13 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi Evryone

I thought I'd wrap up this Year of the SSG with a two week assignment. What I'd like us to do this week is get our thoughts down about what we're trying to write about. Where the idea came from, the imagery you want to use, the rhyme scheme (which may well change), all the things that normally go on subconsciously.

Second part of the post (and do keep it as one post rather than 2) is to actually turn those ideas into a song.

The process is what we're looking at. How we go from an idea to a song and how it metamorphoses along the way and can end up miles from where we started.

Good writing

It's been another good year for the SSG and again thanks to all contributors old and new faces alike for making it an easy board and a pleasure to moderate. Again some exceptionally high quality songwriting is in evidence right back to Pet's contribution in the first week which did set a very high standard. Thanks and we'll see you in Year 4.

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

And thank-you Bob. I've only been with you for about half the year, but it's been the so good for me.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member

This one should be easy for me (that's what I do whenever I write a song.)

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Bob,
Id just like to second SlowPlay's thanks to you for all the effort you put in. It cant be easy comming up with an idea every week and I for one really appreciate the fact that you do. In the six months Ive been here Ive learnt an awfull lot, and its only because Ive had a starting point from you and the motivation of others on this board, that that has happened. So thanks again.
Cheers
pbee

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@karla)
Estimable Member

Yep I agree too, most assignments have been fun and the few I didn't like were very good to learn some new things
Keep it up!

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I know it's been said before but Thank You Bob for all
your hard work. Each Sunday's post is something I always
look forward to.

Without this forum I might not ever started writing again.

And hey it's cheaper than therapy.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Add me to that too. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

I know it's been said before but Thank You Bob for all
your hard work. Each Sunday's post is something I always
look forward to.

Without this forum I might not ever started writing again.

And hey it's cheaper than therapy.

John

Me six or seven or whatever the agreement count is now. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

YES thanks Bob

not a easy task you have taken on

hilch

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

I just wanted to say......... me, too :D
thanks bob.

cheers,
bluenightangel

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

I know I am very very very late with my thanks Bob , but I'm sure you will understand

I think since first joining S S G my songwritting has improved enormously and I must say thank you for posting the theme each week .Some weeks were very challenging that's why I probably did not post those weeks , I must also thank all those who have helped me through out the year , special mention must go to those people who always contribute to my work with advise , people such as Vic, BlueNight Angel , Pbee, The Celt , Smoking Dog , Hilch , Rocket Girl , Dr Grace.......... Just hoping I have not mentioned anyone Ohhhhhhhh yes how could anyone especially me forget the input that GN's favourite satire comic in my old mate Chris_C .....

THANKS EVERYONE

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Bob, You do a great job with this forum :D I have made a "new years" resolution to start posting songs again :D :D --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I agree with everyone else....Bob does a great job....can't be easy coming up with something new every week....I would like to see a return to the old days, though, where Sir Bob gave comments and offered advice every week.....

OH well, I'm off up to the off-license....need something cool to relax the vocal chords and calm the nerves before I try and record a couple of old SSG songs....wish me luck....

(not that I'm having a go at Bob....how could I, he's a fellow Liverpool fan!!! - and he's explained a few times how busy he's been, but still - I miss those comments and the summing-up....)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote