Clear all

Y10W18 - Hobson, "Click Here"

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hobson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This is not the way I normally approach lyrics, but it's an interesting exercise. Usually I let the words come to me and only use rhyme or thesaurus websites when I'm stuck on something. I'm finding that with the approach of looking for rhymes and synonyms for the main ideas I'm coming up with lots of words that I might want to use.

Below are what I've found for one of my song ideas. I'm still working on another one.

CLICK HERE

RHYMES:

computer: commuter, rumor, tumor, brewer, boozer, bruiser, burger, cruiser, cuter, cruder, ruder, future, shooter, loser, looser, murder, murmur, nurture, stupor

shopping: bopping, blocking, rocking, chopping, dropping, flopping, hopping, cropping, stalking, talking, walking, stopping, swapping, popping

account: amount, count, mount, discount

forum: quorum, column, poem, stardom

on-line: malign, sign, Einstein, align, design, headline, wine, whine, define, dine, lifeline, outline, assign, divine, incline

time: bedtime, pastime, rhyme, chime, prime, slime, sublime

SYNONYMS:

computer: machine, desktop, laptop, device

shopping: buying, hunting, browsing

account: money, resource, record, assets

forum: discussion, chat, post, thread

on-line: on the Internet, connected

time: duration, hours, minutes

Renee

(@andygetch)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Wonderful. That's exactly what the exercise is supposed to do. Instead of limiting you or forcing rhymes, it frees you to see the possibilities and allows you to make choices you otherwise wouldn't think of.

I love it when a plan comes together! :D

ReplyQuote