Notifications
Clear all

Y12 W9 - Whatever

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@methos)
Topic starter  

I am new and hopefully posting in the correct location ... just trying to motivate myself for the new year.

Whatever

Whatever your mind tells you
Whatever your heart feels
Whatever path your soul may pursue
I hope you figure out what it all means

I’m gonna be forever
My love is forever
I’m gonna be forever
My love is forever

Wherever you decide to live
Wherever your heart calls home
Wherever you travel and arrive
I hope that its well known

I’m gonna be forever
My love is forever
I’m gonna be forever
My love is forever

Whenever your heart has to grow
Whenever that time has come
Whenever your spirit needs you to go
I hope that you always feel my love

My love is forever
My love is forever
My love is forever

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hello, Methos, and welcome to Guitarnoise in general, and specifically the SSG - and yes, you are in the right place!

Nice start....you've managed to take in the vague whatever, whenever and wherever in the verses and contast them with the more powerful and direct "forever" in the choruses.

No pointers as to style or genre....strikes me this would work as a keyboard-led ballad OR as an acoustic finger-picked piece.

Anyway, like I said, nice start....keep 'em coming!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@andygetch)
Reputable Member

Welcome and +1 on Vic's comment. With this lyric I am also hearing in my head a solo singer songwriter folkie style like John Denver, Eric Andersen, Gordon Lightfoot, Joan Baez, etc..

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1228093

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

Great first write. Have you been writing all along or is this truly a first?

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Hi Methos

And welcome to the SSG. You're definitely in the right place. And this is a wonderful song lyric. At this point, I'd pretty much be echoing everyone else's praise, but it's certainly worth repeating!

Not that the song needs it, but depending on its length and style, you could easily add in a brief bridge section, maybe even just two lines, that deals with "whoever" (or "whomever," I suppose). Just a thought.

Looking forward to reading more from you.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@methos)
Topic starter  

I have been writing songs a long time (as a hobby), but I wrote that particular song lyric about a day before I posted it. I tend to write a lot of song fragments, but never complete them. I was thinking I could use this forum to force me to finish them (been lurking awhile). I am mainly a guitar player and so I write lyrics to my riffs and progressions, but am not much of a vocalist. I do demos in Reaper and Riffworks occasionally, may be I will be brave enough to post audio version of songs I write here ... baby steps

ReplyQuote
(@methos)
Topic starter  

The whomever is my kids ... I was writing about what I would feel like when they grow up (5 and 11 now) and seek their place in the world.

ReplyQuote